ABOUT THE ROLE
The Primary School model is dependent on having a rich and integrated view of a child, built on data about a child’s academic, health, and socio-emotional well-being. The Data Associate will provide critical data management, analysis and interpretation support to The Primary School team. This role requires a combination of analytical horsepower, excitement for turning data into action, and vision for how to make data a foundation of our model. The Primary School is a fast-growing organization and a strong Data Associate will have opportunities to expand their responsibilities quickly.
- Support the design and implementation of the organization’s information systems, including data collection, storage, analysis, and reporting, with an eye towards continual improvements in quality and efficiency.
- Collaborate with the academic, health, parent coaching, and birth-3 teams to analyze relevant parent and student data and generate insights to inform how we can best support children and their families. Communicate and share those analyses using data visualization tools.
- Collect and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data about the community and the student and parent population, to deepen our understanding of who we are serving and how best to serve them.
- Support the delivery and scoring of assessments, screeners, and evaluations for children, families, and staff.
- Ensure the design of our information systems are user-friendly for all relevant stakeholders.
- Drive a culture of data throughout the organization focusing on action-oriented data analysis.
- Ensure all relevant student data from external sources is maintained in our systems.
- Design and implement systems and procedures that are compliant with all state and federal data security policies.
- Support data needs for grant and compliance reporting.
- Partner with relevant teams on special projects to bring the data perspective to organizational decisions.
- You have the ability to interpret large amounts of complex quantitative and qualitative education and health data.
- You are skilled at turning complex data insights into clear and concise communication points and visualizations for a variety of audiences.
- You have strong communication skills and can explain data-related concepts to people with varying levels of experience.
- You are a natural problem solver who applies an analytical and critical thinking mindset to all tasks.
- You have a keen eye for details and are maniacal about delivering zero-defect data, even on short timelines.
- You are extremely self-aware and self motivated, and have a strong desire to learn.
- You are comfortable in ambiguity and environments that change rapidly.
- You are comfortable asking questions and reaching out to others for information or support.
- You want to work with and learn from all TPS team members, from early childhood education to parent coaching to community engagement.
- You believe in the mission of The Primary School and that all children and families are capable of extraordinary things.
A Plus If
- You have an understanding of database structures.
- You have experience working with data in R.
- You know how to write and/or adapt SQL series.
- You have worked with data visualization software, such as Tableau.
- You have worked with Student Information Systems, such as Powerschool.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health benefits, 401k retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), dependent care FSA, and generous paid time off, including a competitive paid parental leave benefit.