STS International Tax Intern - Summer 2022 (Chicago)
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The International Tax Intern will utilize their educational background and organizational skills while taking direction from more experienced team members to become familiar with assisting in consulting with clients on cross-border tax matters. Responsibilities will include performing tax research and analysis of various international tax issues to assist in providing international tax advice and working with software applications to assist clients with tax reporting obligations for international operations.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Master’s program in Accounting, Taxation or Master of Laws (LLM ) degree program other relevant field, required
- Leadership experience, preferred
- J.D. or pursuing credits towards a CPA, preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, preferred
- Experience utilizing RIA, BNA, Lexis Nexis and/or Westlaw, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues related to compliance