As nonprofits across the country continue to respond and adapt to COVID-19, Elevate's work supporting the grant programs of our nonprofit clients is more important than ever. We continue to meet (virtually!) with current clients and launch new partnerships. Learn more about joining our team.
Elevate is a small business serving a critical niche in the nonprofit sector. Our unique team model allows us to provide affordable and impactful foundation fundraising strategy and grant writing capacity to our nearly 100 clients. Our clients work in a wide variety of issue areas and typically have annual budgets anywhere between $1 million and $12 million, although a growing number of clients are significantly larger as well.
Elevate’s Grant Writers provide the capacity that drives our clients forward. They research funding opportunities, draft grants and reports, and submit to funders. Grant Writers benefit from the mentorship of experienced fundraisers and significant opportunities for professional development.
Candidates must have at least 1-2 years of experience writing and submitting grants for nonprofits or equivalent experience, such as multiple internships that required grant writing research, writing, and submission. The position is fast-paced and growth-oriented. It provides meaningful, challenging work to quickly build your knowledge of the nonprofit sector and your skill in institutional fundraising. Candidates must demonstrate some commitment to a career in grant writing and development. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person.
As a Grant Writer at Elevate, you will:
- Strengthen the valuable skill of writing grants for nonprofits of many sizes and issue areas;
- Learn the best-practices of program design and evaluation;
- Build expertise in nonprofit fundraising strategy and budgeting; and
- Benefit from mentorship and training tailored to your professional development goals.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Smart prospecting and strategic grant writing that builds client confidence and helps nonprofit organizations reach their fundraising goals;
- Research new funding opportunities;
- Draft grants and reports;
- Collect and create attachments;
- Submit requests to funders; and
- Meet regularly with nonprofit leaders, see programs in action, and communicate with nonprofit program and financial staff.
Ideal Candidates Will:
- Have 1-2 years of experience grant writing or equivalent internship/fellowship experience;
- Be seeking a career in nonprofit development with a focus on grant writing;
- Write excellent, persuasive prose that is both concise and precise;
- Take ownership of entire projects and demonstrate initiative to ensure a high-quality final product;
- Be able to focus in an open-office environment;
- Value highly-professional communication skills;
- Be smart, organized, and detail-oriented; and
- Invite and provide constructive feedback.
We believe a compensation package is more than just a salary. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Flexible scheduling
- 15 paid vacation and 5 paid sick days annually
- $500 annual professional development stipend
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) with 2% match after one year of employment
- STD/LTD/Life insurance
- Up to $50 monthly reimbursement for phone/internet costs
- $100 annual home office stipend and additional $100 home office set up stipend
- All staff are working remotely!
Please submit a resume and cover letter through Elevate's BambooHR hiring portal. Your resume and cover letter should detail the following:
- Relevant skills and experience;
- Your interest in the position, including your interest in advancing in your career at Elevate, specifically;
- Your professional strengths; and
- Evidence of your alignment with our company values.