About the Organization: The United Nations Association of Greater Boston is dedicated to building a strong multigenerational network of global citizens in the Boston area. We educate, inspire, and mobilize members of the community to engage with critical global issues central to the work and mission of the United Nations.
Position Summary: The Development Intern position will provide you with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant research, community engagement, event planning, donor prospect research, and solicitation strategy. This individual will work closely with and report to the Director of Development and Community Outreach.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Alex Bostian at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21, 2022.
Responsibilities: The Development Intern will support all areas of UNAGB’s Development and Community Programs’ management and logistics. A successful candidate will be able to:
- Research new foundations to apply for funding
- Help design marketing and event promotions
- Depending on availability, provide assistance at key high profile events and community programs
- Assist with organizing and planning our UN Perspective Series lectures
- Help in researching new potential donors
- Help in conducting in-depth researching into new fundraising markets and nonprofit grant opportunities
- Provide support in drafting mailings and invitations
- Assist with database record maintenance
- Support with "busy" work including envelope stuffing and administrative duties like file cleaning and data entry
Qualifications and requirements:
- Passionate about international issues and community development
- Exceptionally strong communication and hospitality skills required
- Event planning experience preferred
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Collaborative and experienced in working with small teams
- Must currently be attending a university or graduate school.
- This internship is unpaid.
- Time commitment: 12-16 hours of work per week is required for the internship. This position will end in May 2022.
- This is a remote internship with the possibility of occasional in-person work out of UNAGB’s Charlestown office.
- If contacted, applicants will be asked to participate in a short Zoom interview, submit 1-2 writing samples, and provide email addresses for 1-2 references.
- UNAGB requires all staff and interns working in-person to be vaccinated against COVID-19