Development Project Associate
Project Associate, Development
The National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR) is seeking a Development Project Associate to work with the President, Executive Vice President, and the Senior Director of Events and Development to support NBR's fundraising and to develop and expand NBR's donor outreach. As an integral part of the Development team, this person partners with NBR's Executive Management, Research, and Publications teams to support NBR's overall fundraising and outreach efforts.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) or part-time (24 hours per week), temporary (12-month), opportunity located in NBR's Seattle office. The Development Project Associate reports to the Executive Vice President and Senior Director of Events and Development.
Project associates work on various projects to assist project directors and project managers in accomplishing specific objectives. The Development Project Associate takes the lead on specific fundraising tasks and contributes to shaping the overall strategy of the Development team.
- Assist with developing and implementing NBR's fundraising and donor outreach initiatives in coordination with the Development and Executive Management teams.
- Conduct donor prospect research and outreach to donors, with a particular focus on corporations, organizations, and philanthropic individuals in the Pacific Northwest.
- Provide research, planning, and logistical support for the Development team.
- Measure the effectiveness and impact of outreach and engagement efforts.
- Develop and manage activities to engage NBR's alumni base, including engagement events, communications, and publications.
- Provide general assistance with event logistics before, during, and after events.
- Represent NBR in front of a wide range of audiences.
- Participate in and support other NBR activities as needed, particularly in the Seattle office.
- Excellent communication skills in person and across virtual formats (video and phone)
- Strong, outgoing interpersonal and relationship building skills to facilitate outreach to donors and potential supporters
- Proven business, marketing, sales, customer service, and fundraising skills
- Professional experience with:
- Prospect research and cultivation
- Fundraising campaign management and impact assessment
- Marketing and social media
- Database management
- Event management
- Creativity and entrepreneurship
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Detail-oriented and motivated to complete projects in a dynamic environment
- Trustworthy, high degree of integrity, able to adhere to confidentiality policies
- Interest in business development, Asia policy, and international relations is a plus
NBR is an independent, nonpartisan research institution based in Seattle and Washington, D.C. We bring world-class scholarship to bear on the evolving strategic environment in Asia through original, policy-relevant research, and we invest in our future by training the next generation of Asia specialists.
With power, risk, and opportunity concentrating in Asia, at the National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR) we tackle those critical issues that America's leaders need to understand - because the decisions they make matter and the stakes are high. As the nation's Asia policy think tank, we envision a future that is free, open, secure, and prosperous for all.
This is an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where professional growth is supported and you get to collaborate with a group of high performing, dedicated, and friendly colleagues. NBR offers a competitive benefits package of 17 annual paid holidays, 2 personal floating holidays, paid sick time, healthcare insurance, and transit reimbursement options.
The application period for this position will close on February 6, 2022. To apply, submit the following materials through NBR's employment site (https://nbr.applicantpro.com/jobs/). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover letter summarizing your experience as it applies to the outlined responsibilities and qualifications
- Recent 3-5 page writing sample that has not been edited by anyone else
- Contact information for 3 professional and/or academic references
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.