Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Travel Associate position is responsible for logistical planning, financial accountability, training, and other operational functions. MSI’s Travel Department is responsible for all project, corporate, and business development travel. This team works with the Global Security Manager and other corporate staff to develop practices, policies and tools utilized across the company. This position will report to the Travel Manager and will also support the Global Security Manager in some safety and security measures along with their regular duties.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position**
● Coordinate pre-departure, travel, and transit logistics for all travelers.
● Assist with researching destination and transit travel restrictions and regulations, including COVID-19 testing and quarantine requirements.
● Ensure travel follows relevant contract regulations (USAID, World Bank etc.).
● Provide support as Crisis Management Team member in emergency situations.
● Provide assistance to travelers and project teams in the event of flight cancelations or re-bookings when necessary.
● Research visa requirements for travelers, entry restrictions and other relevant travel concerns.
● Prepare third party work order forms to support visa applications.
● Arrange for timely shipment of documents for travel.
● Monitor travel and intelligence provider alerts and develop solutions to near-term issues potentially affecting travel (i.e., inclement weather, organized strikes, global events, etc.).
● Take a lead role in coordinating all travel logistics as a backup to the travel manager.
● Submit travel advances as needed to accounting department.
● Provide travel records to accounting department for billing of trip related costs.
● Assist with the reconciliation of multiple accounts.
Coordination of Traveler and Project Team Support:
● Maintain and update travel department files and collections with relevant policy and practice information.
● Update resources sites and shared drives with all relevant travel information requirements.
● Identify and refer common issues to supervisor when appropriate.
● Support the review of Travel Team processes on a regular basis and identify common problems.
● Suggest strategies for improvement in processes not only for the travel department team, but also the project team and travelers.
Data Management and Reporting:
● Maintain and update database for all related travel forms required by both United States Government (USG) regulations and internal policy.
● Compile and maintain a weekly travel report of all MSI employees on work travel.
● Maintain accurate files on each traveler including all backup documentation for each trip.
● Create audit trail and document any abnormal travel situations with appropriate executive approvals properly filed.
● Ensure accurate travel data is being tracked through automated system for travelers and ensure any travelers outside of this system are entered properly.
● Maintain internal travel manual with guidance from Senior team member for use within department.
Policy and Regulation Support:
● Develop and maintain working knowledge of commonly cited USG regulations.
● Advise project teams on both internal policy and regulations.
Safety and Security:
● Support the development of safety and security manuals, contact info and training.
Other Related Duties as Assigned:
· Provide support as Crisis Management Team member in emergency situations.
· Support the Travel Manager in ensuring travelers are sent the appropriate security, logistics, and risk information prior to departure.
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● Minimum of two years of relevant/direct experience in logistical planning, event planning or other operational role with a preference for candidates with this experience in an internationally focused organization.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Demonstrated attention to detail, flexibility, resourcefulness, and creative problem-solving skills.
● Demonstrated comfort level presenting complex travel plans in clear and concise manner.
● Ability to work independently as well as with all levels of management and staff.
● Ability to relate and maintain calm in high stress situations.
● Ability to make independent decision following standard policies and procedures.
● Ability to handle multiple tasks requiring a high degree of attention to detail with changing levels of priority.
● Diplomatic, with the ability to exercise proper discretion and judgement.
● Ability to balance appropriately between independent action and referring issues to supervisors.
● Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, photo-editing software, etc.
● International work/travel experience strongly preferred.
● Knowledge of USAID regulations is preferred.
● Prior employment working with visa procurement strongly preferred.
● Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills in English
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.