Video and Content Creator Internship for Award-Winning Nonprofit Theatre Conservatory in NYC!
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
The Actors Theatre Workshop is an award-winning non-profit theatre, community center and educational institution that teaches innovative educational techniques and theatre principles to adults and children. Since 1990, ATW has flourished as an artistic leader in the field, producing award-winning educational programs and productions that develop individual potential, create tangible change and liberate the talents and abilities in people from all walks of life.
The Actors Theatre Workshop is seeking intern candidates who possess skills in video production and editing, and are passionate about promoting an award-winning nonprofit focused on theatre arts and community service. Video production and content creation is critical to the growth, development, and success of our nonprofit. ATW is built on powerful ideas that inspire hope and we need your talents to help share our story.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve moved our daily work and events to the digital space to protect our health and the health of those around us. We’re staying connected and continuing our creative journey in the virtual space of video meetings, classes, and training sessions and look forward to welcoming new interns at this time to our online working community.
We’re looking for idealists, leaders, and storytellers who can put their thoughts and insights into action; positive, enthusiastic individuals who want to make a difference in the world and are committed to upholding the legacy and tradition of theatre in the belief that theatre and creativity can change a life and make the world a better place for everyone. Interns will be working on videos about our key programs: Builders of the New World shows the effectiveness of this theatre and education program and the tremendous success of the homeless children who participate; Inside the Scott Acting Conservatory illuminates the mystery of creative process and theatre technique.
- Log video assets, compile and transcribe footage
- Edit compelling stories of ATW programs in Adobe Premiere
- Assist teammates in daily workflow, write scripts and copy, help manage social channels and organize photos
- Shoot digital video in-studio and during events
- Assist in the launch of the ATW podcast project
- Passionate, detail-oriented individual with a curious mind
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite - specifically Premiere
- Proficient in Google Docs
- Experience in shooting digital video, audio, and set lighting
- A self-starter with a strong desire to learn who can manage projects and work independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills
The intern will work with, and be mentored by, The Actors Theatre Workshop’s Director of Branding who has extensive experience as a Creative Director in television and advertising, and have the opportunity to develop creatively in periodic classes taught by ATW’s Artistic Director and Founder for our volunteers and interns.
Through this internship with ATW, interns have the opportunity to earn academic credit, participate in creative development classes, and contribute to growing vital community programs while gaining valuable professional experience and building their portfolio and reel. Internships are available for 4 to 18 months in duration and are either 20, 30, or 40 hrs per week. This is a non-paid training program.
The Actors Theatre Workshop is an award-winning nonprofit theater, educational institution, and community center in NYC founded by award-winning actor, director, writer, and producer, Thurman E. Scott, a master teacher of acting and creative process with over 30 years of professional experience. Stella Adler declared, “Thurman E. Scott is the inheritor of the Stanislavsky legacy and of my legacy. His work advances acting technique for the next generation.”
Go to https://www.actorstheatreworkshop.com/get-involved/internship-program/ to find out more and fill out an online application for this position! Only fully completed applications will be considered.
To be considered for The Actors Theatre Workshop internship you must:
1. Be 18 years of age or older (exceptions possible on a case by case basis)
2. Have authorization to work in the U.S
3. Be willing to participate for a term of 12 weeks (20 to 40 hours weekly)
4. Agree not to miss more than three (3) days of the internship program
5. Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that will include Saturdays
Our internship program is designed to facilitate students receiving course credit for participation in the program.