Get your career started with an organization that is blazing the trail in the transformation of the healthcare experience. Behavioral Health Services North is in search of talented 2022 graduates in the Plattsburgh and Glens Falls Regions.
As a leader in behavioral health services, BHSN is committed to strengthening individuals, families, and community life by bringing treatment, rehabilitation and support to our community. Using our integrated healthcare model and innovative approaches to service delivery, we provide our clients with an unparalleled experience.
Our people are our difference. We are photographers, hikers, foodies, musicians, video game heroes, and every other type of individual. We embrace the unique talents and experiences each person brings to drive our mission of transforming care and enriching the lives of those around us.
Since our humble beginnings as an orphanage in 1874, BHSN has evolved to include 24 human services programs and 300+ team members under the BHSN umbrella. In addition to full complement of mental health services, BHSN provides addiction recovery, care management, services to victims of domestic violence, housing, employment/education support, peer and youth/family services.
Your Skills + Our Support Team
Starting at BHSN is just the beginning. From day one, we will provide you with the tools to thrive within our agency. From personal to professional growth, you are in control of building the future you want. Many of our team members have moved into supervision/management positions in their first year with our organization.
What’s in it for you?
· Generous time off (with no wait time for accruals)
· Health, vision, and dental coverage (at a low-cost to you)
· Retirement savings plans
· Opportunities for advancement and growth within BHSN
· Mentorship and training programs
· 9 paid BHSN holidays off annually
· Working within our community, making a real impact, & working alongside passionate colleagues
Your role at BHSN:
As a social worker at BHSN, you will play an integral part in bringing about positive change in our community. Social workers at BHSN deliver high quality in-person and tele-health services to individuals seeking support for behavioral health issues. Our social workers provide comprehensive behavioral health care, including intake and assessments, crisis intervention, treatment planning, and providing individual and group therapy.
What your day might look like:
- Providing brief cognitive behavior therapy, psychoeducation, skills training and care management in an individual/group/family setting to recipients
- Developing treatment/safety plans based on assessment of need
- Conducting comprehensive assessments through the observation and evaluation of mental, physical and behavioral condition and history
Your skills and qualifications:
- Must have MSW or NYS LMSW, LCSW, or LCSW-R licensure
- Ability to work with adults, children, and groups who have serious and persistent mental illness
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to meet client needs
- Valid NYS driver license with driving record acceptable to BHSN insurance carrier may be required
- Reliable transportation for required travel
Ready to launch your career at BHSN? Apply today! To be considered, please apply directly on our website: Social Worker - FT
BHSN is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital or military status.