Special Events Intern
About Agassiz Village:
Agassiz Village is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to prepare kids for life’s journey by providing opportunities, in a summer camp environment, to develop and practice leadership and life skills that will impact their futures in education, family, career, and in their communities. Founded in 1935 by Harry E. Burroughs, founder of the Burroughs Newsboys Foundation, to serve as a haven for children from under-resourced communities. Agassiz Village has remained true to its original goal of making a transformative overnight camp experience accessible for children of all backgrounds. Agassiz Village is a 330-acre residential summer camp located on Thompson Lake in Poland, Maine. Our programs are an investment in the future, to inspire and enable all children, especially those who need our support the most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible leaders. www.AgassizVillage.org
SUMMARY: The Special Events intern assists Agassiz Village with all aspects of event planning for Agassiz Village’s annual Maine Course, Alumni Weekends, 5k, and Golf Tournament events. The Intern will be involved with donor stewardship, planning a silent auction and raffle, creating event invitations and social media outreach. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates interested in non-profit work, development and fundraising, communications, and/or event planning. All majors encouraged to apply.
- Manage event records, including sponsorship and ticket sales.
- Help coordinate event logistics for each event.
- Manage and update sponsor and guest mailing lists.
- Assist with special event and day-of-event operations including set-up, tear-down and other manual labor projects.
- Assist with mail merges, envelope stuffing, data entry, filing, and vendor communication.
- Assist with supporting and planning volunteer activities.
- Assist in the creation of brochures, ads, posters, newsletters, invitations, event materials, displays, PowerPoint presentations, infographic illustrations, icons, charts, graphs, maps, tables, e-blasts, e-newsletters, banner ads, and interactive designs for AV’s website.
- Assist with development of social media strategy and social media campaigns as they relate to fundraising and development.
- Distribution of event listing information to third party listing sites.
- Write and distribute press releases.
Internship lasts 14 weeks and requires a commitment to work a minimum of 16 hours weekly (days and hours are flexible).
Please send a letter of interest and a copy of your resume to Susannah Benn at email@example.com