Summer Intern, Pandora Curation - Part-Time (R-2021-12-190)
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! SiriusXM + Pandora interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, writing code, working on projects and making valuable contributions to the company. Join our internship program and learn about the world of audio entertainment and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
Pandora is looking for interns to work with their Music Programming team to create superior radio content, across all genres. Interns must be well-versed on popular culture and its impact on the communities it affects. Exercises strong communication skills. Pays close attention to detail through analysis and critical thought.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to handle diverse assignments from multiple sides of the Pandora programming department.
- Assist with the coordination of music projects by compiling research and learn how to interpret the relevancy of the data.
- Exhibit strong writing skills (able to create descriptions/copy for stations, playlists and other properties that connect culturally with the targeted communities).
- Communicate effectively over email, Slack, and Zoom with internal team.
- Understand pop culture (entertainment, news, technology, politics etc.) and its origins of reference within communities across the country.
- Follow social media to discover the different daily or sometimes hourly trends sweeping pop culture.
- Strives to have a conversational understanding of the trends in media that drive the music industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Current or previous enrollment in communications classes preferred.
- Broadcast communications majors preferred.
- Prior internship or working experience in radio/TV preferred.
- Experience with digital media systems, a plus.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong interest in learning all aspects of music programming
- Strong interest in music and pop culture.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Automation/On-Air software, a plus.
- Experience with digital editing software (Cool Edit, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.