Summer Intern, Talk Programming - Part-Time (R-2021-12-208)
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! SiriusXM + Pandora interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, writing code, working on projects and making valuable contributions to the company. Join our internship program and learn about the world of audio entertainment and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
SiriusXM is seeking interns interested in politics, entertainment, and comedy programming and/or pop culture to join one of our talk programming channels. Interns will get firsthand, on-the-job experience with the leaders in the radio industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and assist with daily operations for a live radio show.
- Participate in on-air content.
- Run sound board for live show or pre-taped interviews.
- Create content including promos and audiograms for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Edit audio in pre- and post-production for on-air use or to be used on social media.
- Prepare for shows with in-depth research and by participating in talent and production meetings.
- Work in a fast-paced, live environment with active deadlines.
- Interact with listeners through social media, email and on-air phone call screening.
- Conduct outreach to industry professionals, public relations and expert guests.
- Keep detailed logs of shows for producer’s records.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Current or previous enrollment in communications classes preferred.
- Broadcast communications and related majors preferred.
- Experience in radio/TV a plus.
- Experience with digital media systems (Photoshop, Adobe, video editing) a plus.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good project management and planning skills.
- Good personnel management skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to details skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Familiar with SiriusXM programming.
- Knowledge and interest in current events, comedy, pop culture and politics.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Automation/On-Air software, a plus.
- Experience with digital editing software (Cool Edit, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition), preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.