Senior Statistical Programmer
Senior Statistical Programmer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Requisition Number: 161
Blueprint Medicines is a global precision therapy company that invents life-changing therapies for people with cancer and hematologic disorders. Applying an approach that is both precise and agile, we create medicines that selectively target genetic drivers, with the goal of staying one step ahead across stages of disease. Since 2011, we have leveraged our research platform, including expertise in molecular targeting and world-class drug design capabilities, to rapidly and reproducibly translate science into a broad pipeline of precision therapies. Today, we are delivering approved medicines directly to patients in the United States and Europe, and we are globally advancing multiple programs for genomically defined cancers, systemic mastocytosis, and cancer immunotherapy.
What will you do?
This position will serve as the in-house Statistical Programmer responsible for managing all programming related activities for one or more studies under the mentorship of the compound lead programmer. This role will collaborate extensively with programmers from programming functional providers/CRO, statisticians, data managers and other functions within the Blueprint clinical trial team as necessary.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Writes SAS programs to implement statistical analyses (i.e., generating tables, listings, figures, and inferential statistical output) supporting regulatory requests, ISS/ISE analyses, commercial requests, biostatistical ad-hoc analysis
- Review and validate CRO deliverables.
- Oversee programming related activities performed by CRO
- Performs SAS programming using more complex techniques as SAS macro language, advanced data manipulation techniques, and statistical procedures (e.g., PROC GLM, PROC FREQ, PROC REPORT)
- Troubleshoots and provides quality review of complex SAS programs
- Codes SAS utility macros; writes and implements test plans to support SAS macro development
- Help tackle critical issues requiring SAS expertise
- Performs quality review on SAS programs generated by other statistical programmers and biostatisticians
- Follows good programming practices and adequately documents programs.
- Acts as an integral member of project team. Attend project team meetings; work with vendors, biostatisticians, data managers, and clinical research managers, as appropriate
- Keeps informed of SAS programming techniques as applied to clinical trials by reading relevant journals and/or attending courses/programming meetings
- Understands and follows FDA regulations which affect the reporting of clinical trial data. This includes good clinical practice and guidelines for electronic submissions
- Participates on Submission Working Groups help providing technical support
- Owns the development of data collection, analysis and reporting standards content and processes
What basic qualifications do we require?
- B.A. / B.S. with at least 5 years relevant experience or an M.S. with 3+ years experience
- Good knowledge of SAS, including SAS macro language, data manipulation techniques, and statistical procedures (e.g., PROC FREQ, PROC REPORT, PROC GLM)
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical standard initiatives such as CDISC, ADAM, SDTM, and CDASH
What additional qualifications are we seeking?
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Good analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to learn technical and clinical aspects of a clinical trial.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to non-technical colleague
- Capable of using Windows, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of medical and statistical terminology
- Familiarity with coding dictionaries
- Commitment to Blueprint Medicines’ Core Values: Patients First, Thoughtfulness, Urgency, Trust, Optimism
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
As a biotechnology organization, it is our responsibility to do everything we can to safeguard the health and safety of our workforce, our communities, and the patients we serve. That is why we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless we approve an exemption through a reasonable accommodation for certified health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. Accommodation requests for either of these reasons should be made to TotalRewards@blueprintmedicines.com.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Affirmative Action
At Blueprint Medicines, we foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion. A proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, we consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. We are also an E-Verify Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations, absent undue hardship, for qualified individuals with known disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who requires an accommodation with the hiring process or to perform any essential functions of the position for which you are applying, please reach out to TotalRewards@blueprintmedicines.com.
For more information, please see our EEO-AA-Policy-Statement, the EEO Poster and its Supplement, as well as our Pay Transparency Statement.
Who we are:
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together in a diverse community. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and we foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.