Finance & Business Intelligence (F&BI)
Finance & Business Intelligence (F&BI) Intern use data to capture the pulse of current trends to better assist Greencastle with KPIs, decision-making, and profitability. F&BI Interns work with data from multiple locations. Data can be provided from a company database, be mined from the web or by leveraging 3rd party data sources. The collected data is then transformed to create a dynamic picture of the current state and the best path for a company to take in the future.
Data visualization is about presenting large amounts of information in ways that are universally understandable or easy to interpret and spot patterns, trends, and correlations. These representations include charts, graphs, infographics, and other pictorial diagrams. These visualizations are typically ‘drillable’ in nature, providing a consistent interface for front-line workers and leaders alike. F&BI Interns use visualization tools and software to communicate information in these ways, for clients or for their own company.
- Making large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable, and usable
- Transforming, improving, and integrating data, depending on the business requirements
- Understanding ‘what question am I trying to answer?’ from the “customer’s” perspective, and designing reports to give the ‘so what’, backed by the data
- Combining the data sets across multiple sources (also known as the data federation)
- Delivering the data in a useful and appealing way to users
- Utilize company resources to curate data
- Analyze data for market trends and patterns
- Generate weekly and monthly reports with market trends past and present
- Design new data collection models to better collect information
- Coordinate with IT department to implement new models
- Perform data profiling to identify anomalies
Qualifications for Business Intelligence Consultant:
- Military Veteran
- Minimum “some college” and at least working toward a bachelor’s degree, preferred business/finance/accounting majors.
- Any previous analytical experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, R, and/or other data visualization tools is a plus
- Capable of prioritizing multiple projects while still achieving deadlines
- Analytical and forecasting ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills