Veritable is a $17.2 billion investment consulting firm looking to fill an Investment Research Analyst role with a preference for candidates who can start in the Spring/Summer of 2023. The primary responsibility of the analyst will be analyzing and assessing Hedge Funds as well as traditional long-only equity strategies. The analyst will participate in onsite manager visits, conference calls and industry conferences. The analyst will also work with proprietary data sets to perform data aggregation and analytics. Travel may comprise up to 25% of total work time (once the firm begins traveling again). The analyst will interact closely with partners and the senior investment team and the ultimate recommendations of the research team will have significant impact upon client portfolios.
- Actively participate in the evaluation and selection process of Hedge Funds, including on and offsite due diligence visits and calls with new and existing portfolio managers
- Learn Investigative Research techniques and apply them to the research
- Communicate analysis directly with clients and the client advisory teams
- Maintain and enhance a proprietary portfolio risk management system for internally managed multi-manager vehicles
- Prepare detailed reports on manager meetings and calls
- Prepare monthly and quarterly exposure, risk and attribution reports
- Aggregate and assemble portfolio and market research for use in quarterly and monthly written client communications.
- 0-3 years of experience. Internship experience in a financial, consulting, or related field preferred, as well as a basic level of investment market knowledge.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities are required. Advanced Excel and VBA knowledge is preferred.
- Programming knowledge is considered a plus.
- CFA program progress is considered a plus.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills and aptitude to balance multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be comfortable expressing independent opinions in a thoughtful manner.
- Must be willing and able to travel, sometimes on short notice.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university