Under the supervision and at the direction of the Director of Underwriting, the Underwriting Analyst is responsible for working with internal partners to support debt and equity underwriting assignments. The role includes responsibility for supporting all aspects of underwriting assignments and related due diligence, including market research, cash flow spreading, property/loan data input and analysis, third party document review and writing associated narrative components as required by SSA clients. The role involves the set-up and management of shared due diligence folders/files, daily tracking of receipt of documents, and maintaining accurate due diligence checklists and question logs in support of the client and the underwriting process. Additional duties include loan reviews and other credit risk-related assignments.
Primary job responsibilities of the Underwriting Analyst will include:
· Assist Director of Underwriting and other internal partners in the timely, accurate completion of all assigned client deliverables.
· Perform commercial real estate market research
· Support underwriting teams with database management, cash flow spreading and modeling
· Support senior management and deal teams with the design, development, modification and maintenance of proprietary commercial real estate finance models
· Attend underwriting assignment kickoff, check-in and due diligence calls as directed
· Daily management, tracking and distribution of due diligence materials, document checklists and question logs
· Assist in new business initiatives
· Highly proficient in MS Office Suite or Google Suite, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
· Excellent communication skills
· Strict attention to time-sensitive deadlines and deliverables
· Strong writing and presentation skills
· Attention to detail and accuracy in data gathering, narrative writing and financial modeling
· Proficient with complex financial modeling, advanced Excel functions and Argus financial software
· Undergraduate degree or related work experience in commercial real estate, finance or economics a plus