Technical Support Engineer, Global Support
**Please note in order to be considered for this role you must click apply externally and complete a Dell application.**
Dell Technologies Services
Technical Support Engineer, Global Support
Join us as a Technical Support Engineer on our Dell Technologies Services Global Support team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Our goal is to build strong relationships with our customers by meeting or exceeding their expectations with an attitude of ownership, accountability, and sense of urgency. In this role the candidate will be responsible for maintaining excellent customer satisfaction by providing world class customer support, documentation of software upgrade related activities, expanding knowledge of assigned product lines, and utilization of standard tools & procedures are essential components of the position.
What you’ll achieve:
Be responsible for performing remote-based software upgrades for customer owned Dell EMC storage systems installed globally. As part of the upgrade process, the candidate will also verify the configuration and health of the installed product solution prior to performing the software upgrade and complete post-upgrade follow-up tasks to ensure the system is returned to a fully operational state. In addition, the candidate will be involved with scheduling and project management activities.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
· Experience in implementation/upgrade projects, including software support and systems administration
· Good customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to work independently and with a strong sense of urgency, manage priorities, and follow through on issues until closure
· Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Must be able to manage multiple time bound activities at one time
· Have a high level understanding of relational and hierarchal, design, file system organization, and indexing of databases
· Working knowledge of Networking to include TCP/IP, Ethernet, addressing, mapping, flow control, naming, routing/traffic, and management
· Understanding of computer systems (CPU, memory, buses, I/O, device drivers, buffering, job scheduling, virtual memory, file systems and file systems structure) in general
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Must be proficient with using remote based access tools such as WebEx
· Must be able to use Unix based text editors, as well as edit Bash and Perl scripts
· Experience as a Unix, Linux or Windows system administrator is highly desirable
· Experience administering LDAP, Active Directory, or NIS authentication is highly desirable
· Red Hat Certified Engineer or Equivalent Experience
· Other Unix, Windows OS, or IT related certifications
· CCNE certification or Equivalent Networking Experience
· Microsoft certified engineer certification
· Understanding of the storage industry, such as storage management, storage architecture and business continuity
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.