Technical Support Engineer
Dell Technologies Services
Technical Support Engineering 2
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, or online. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Join us as a Technical Support Engineer 2 on our Technical Support team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Technical Support Engineer 2 (TSE2), you will be responsible for engagement in both Web and Voice initiated customer calls driving resolution of complex customer environment issues, while engaging Tier 2 internal or Vendor engagement as needed. TSE2s are additionally senior members of the frontline support team providing elevated technical skills to the frontline team as well as providing a collaboration path for the frontline support team. TSE2s will be subject matter experts in one of the main platform skillsets: Storage, Networking, Virtualization, VxBlock Central, along with a secondary skillset from that same list.
· Manage a personal support request queue as well as collaborate with fellow Frontline TSE 1 engineers providing subject matter expert skills and mentoring to assist in resolution of complex customer issues
· Collaborate with our L2 support as well as vendor partners as needed to drive issue resolution
· Engage in projects as needed designed to address systemic emerging issues or process gaps identified providing information and reporting to leadership to drive continual business improvement as we work to provide our customers the best support experience possible
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
· Have a current certification in one of the following: ISM for storage, VCP in VMware, or CCNA from Cisco
· Experience providing Enterprise level break/fix Platform support
· Excellent Written/Verbal communication skills
· Experience with the Legacy VCE CI Salesforce ticketing CRM
· A strong ability and passion to lead by example as well as collaborate with others in a fast-paced environment
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.