Financial Software Associate (Full-Time)
Why Galatea would be the right fit for you…
Do you possess strong communications skills and love to work with people? Do you have the ability to think analytically and critically? Do you have an interest in consulting and are not intimidated by what you do not know, but instead are excited and eager to learn and take on new challenges? Are you passionate about technology?
If so, we are looking for individuals just like you!
Galatea Associates is a highly focused boutique software consulting firm specializing in providing strategic technical solutions for Wall Street broker-dealers. At Galatea, we help bridge the communication gap between the internal financial and technical teams for our clients. Our Associates know both the business and IT infrastructure of our clients’ operations and we are uniquely positioned to collaborate with clients throughout the entirety of project life cycles. Associates are as deeply involved in the design phase as they are in the coding implementation and testing phases.
We are technology agnostic in that we do not advocate for any single language. We work with our clients to select the best combination of technologies to meet their needs. Associates are able to work with any type of technology, code in any language, and operate in any environment.
Founded in 1997, we currently have offices in Boston, London, Durham, and Tampa Bay and we are continuing to grow rapidly. Galatea fosters a culture of collaboration and excellence. We emphasize the business domain and employ technology to solve challenging problems that manage Wall Street risk.
Galatea Associates offers its employees the unique opportunity to discover new ideas, systems, approaches, technologies, and methodologies. As a Galatean you will be tasked daily with utilizing your strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and technical skills. Our Financial Software Associates are passionate about consulting; we solve real-world technical problems while working on the full development life-cycle of back-office systems for some of Wall Street’s largest financial firms.
We are problem solvers who are committed to innovation, excellence, and growth.
YOU should have
- A clear interest in consulting, technology, and the financial services industry.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Enthusiasm as well as the ability to quickly learn new technologies and tackle difficult problems.
- Strong interest in software development and the ability to learn and adapt to different programming languages.
- An undergraduate degree or higher and a demonstrated interest and aptitude in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math.
- Utilize your strong communications skills daily as a Consultant in the design, development, and support of business-critical systems.
- Procure, nurture and grow professional relationships.
- Expand and build your technical and financial knowledge by working on different projects and systems.
- Have a healthy amount of competitiveness; foosball tournaments, mile run challenges, and more. Join us in lording past victories over our fellow co-workers.
- Enjoy free healthy (and unhealthy) snack options, coffee, and assorted beverages.
- Stay active at work. Join Team Galatea at events like the Tough Mudder and Spartan Race.
- Benefit from corporate UBER and Hubway accounts.
- Enjoy catered training lunches every Thursday.
- Participate in company outings; skiing, golfing, Fun Friday, and Final Friday- ask about it!!
YOU will not
- Have to follow a dress code.
- Work in a stuffy cubicle/office.
- Be bored.
- Check your opinions or ideas at the door.
We pride ourselves on being the best in our functional domain and our people prove it year after year.
Join our team as we grow both locally and globally!