Finance Analyst Progrm
A Career with Point72’s Finance Team
The Finance team provides a broad range of timely, accurate, relevant, and objective financial information, advice, and services to its business partners, with commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards.
We are looking to add motivated, analytical, and hard-working candidates to our Finance Analyst Program which places hires within Finance while giving them mentorship, training, and networking opportunities within Finance and across our Firm.
Our team offers a dynamic and collaborative environment for rising analysts to learn at a fast pace, build skills, and develop in their careers.
What you’ll do
As an analyst on our Finance team, you’ll work closely with experienced industry practitioners and colleagues around the world as you support the day-to-day operations of our global, multibillion-dollar asset management business, which may include:
- Compiling and reporting financial and/or operational data such as budgets and forecasts, compensation trends, and business profitability metrics
- Supporting vendor management including the procurement and inventory management of Firm products and services
- Contributing to the issuance of audited financial statements for certain fund and management company entities
- Interacting with teams and colleagues on the month-end close and compensation processes, preparing investor risk reports, and the owner’s monthly financial packages
- Collaborating on innovation and technology initiatives, performing analyses of cross functional work flows and utilizing Firm resources to seek opportunities for efficiencies while promoting a strong control environment
- Participating in intensive mentoring by Finance professionals dedicated to investing in your success
- Gaining knowledge and exposure to better understand the backbone of a successful hedge fund based on the Finance team’s ability to efficiently and effectively report, account, analyze, and compensate
Note: Specific team placements and responsibilities will depend on business needs and will be communicated prior to the official start date. Such teams might include, but are not limited to, Financial Planning and Analysis, Fund Administration, Fund Reporting, Corporate Accounting, Payroll, Portfolio Management Reporting and Analysis, Market Data Research Finance, Vendor Accounting Operations, Procurement, and Valuation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or Business in the Spring 2022
- Demonstrated academic success as reflected in a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3/4.0
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, writing, verbal communication and technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of the team
- Commitment to acting with professionalism, ethics, and integrity at all times
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Volunteer opportunities
- Support for employee-led affinity groups representing women, people of color and the LGBT+ community
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry’s premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry’s brightest talent. We’re inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here.