Trane Technologies® is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmental products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation.
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
• The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting daily operations of the manufacturing process group and drive process / productivity improvement to achieve best in class performance.
• The position will drive process standardization and best in class performance through the implementation of standard work and best practice leverage.
• This position will be on-site in our Grand Rapids facility.
• Provide support for daily plant operations
• Drive safety, quality, and productivity improvement.
• Create best practice standard work.
• Create and maintain a capacity and utilization plan.
• Identify and evaluate new technology.
• Make production ready new technology.
• Support the development and maintenance of process documentation.
• Investigate quality / manufacturing process concerns and aid in finding solutions.
• Ensure risks are identified and resolved or elevated to the correct level of leadership.
• Ensure on time completion, within budget, and with projected savings are achieved with no quality or safety incidents.
• Ensure stakeholder needs are managed and achieved.
• Support PFMEA, MPC and RIE.
• Works to consistently meet and exceed customer requirements
• Investigate improvements to existing equipment and hardware to improve quality and performance processes.
• Continuously strives for operational excellence and continuous improvement
• Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or a related field from an accredited college/ university required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Two plus (2+) Years total work experience in manufacturing engineering required.
• Two plus (2+) Years general process expertise required.
• Preferred additional experience: Operations Support, Process development, mapping & improvement, Process standardization, Quality improvement, Process improvement, Productivity Improvement, Product Preparation Process implementation (3P), RIE support, Kaizen support, Project planning, A3 thinking and visual management, Compliance programs, Standard work development, Structured Problem solving, and Risk assessment
• Understanding of financial analysis (Equipment related).
• Understanding of project management tools.
• Understanding of training and skills transfer skills.
• Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills (ability to train others at multiple locations within the organization).
• Demonstrated drive for results working in a global multi-sector matrix organization.
• Demonstrated influencing, relationship building, teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Communicates compellingly
• Learns enthusiastically
• Advocates for customers
• Promotes change
• Strives for excellence
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal company and external associates, both written and orally, including the telephone.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.