Next Generation Sequencing Technologist
If interested in this opportunity, please visit www.mghcareers.org and apply for JOB ID# 3189465
Job Link: https://partners.taleo.net/careersection/ghc/jobdetail.ftl?job=3189465&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
Next-Generation Sequencing Technologist
We are seeking a motivated, experienced molecular biology research technician to join our next generation sequencing team at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA. This individual will be responsible for the daily lab operations in the core lab, including customer interactions, quality control of sequencing samples, operating the Illumina sequencing instruments, construction of sequencing libraries, and ordering supplies. The successful candidate will be able to operate very independently, manage many projects at once, keep accurate records, and execute complex molecular biology protocols in a robust and consistent manner.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, be highly organized and rigorous, and have experience in modern molecular biology techniques (PCR, restriction enzymes, ligations, cloning). A bachelors/masters degree in biology or a related field is preferred. This is a rare opportunity to work closely with leaders in genetics, molecular biology, and medicine in a top research institution.
BS required, MS in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field strongly preferred
3+years of experience in molecular biology is required; experience in next-generation sequencing workflows is preferred.
Additionally: Must have experience/ability:
• In modern molecular biology techniques including (PCR, restriction enzymes, ligations, cloning)
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly Organized and Rigorous Nature
• Expertise in DNA/RNA quality control and manipulations (qPCR, and Bio-analyzer profiling)
• Experience in DNA library preparation workflows of different types, including RNA and DNA
• Experience in operating Illumina sequencing instruments