22-23 Enrichment Center Coordinator (San Jose)
At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential. We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.
The Enrichment Center Coordinator is an hourly role for educators who want to specialize in non-core content, such as science, PE, art, gardening, drama, or Spanish. Our ECCs work with students from various grades throughout the day.
- Motivate students to participate in learning activities; create a positive student culture; maintain high behavioral expectations for all students
- Follow network guidelines for curriculum (scope and sequence maps, unit plans, lesson plans) and adapt when necessary to meet the needs of your students (PE, Science, Art)
- Develop a year-long scope and sequence map, thematic unit plans, and lesson plans to teach discrete content skills (Gardening, Drama, or Spanish) throughout the school year.
- Differentiates content by age-group and/or grade-level to ensure that activities are developmentally appropriate.
- Collaborate with school staff to develop a positive culture focused on Rocketship’s core values (respect, responsibility, persistence, empathy)
- Serve as the leader and facilitate large group lessons on the topics indicated above
- Communicate and collaborate with fellow ECCs, teachers, and school leaders; participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the Rocketship team
- Ensure that students have access to a positive and productive learning environment by enforcing all campus safety rules and behavior expectations; respond to occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue and/or occasional interactions with children who require additional support with behavior
- Inventory and maintain Enrichment Center materials and accessories
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor (arrival/dismissal support, lunch and recess duties)
- Passion for working with children; ability to motivate and support children in reaching high levels of academic success
- At least 2 years of college required
- Belief in the value of enrichment education for all children
- Previous experience or training working with youth
- Previous experience managing and/or teaching groups of elementary-age students is strongly preferred
- Content expertise preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and work closely with a wide range of staff members
- Ability to learn laws, rules, practices and procedures related to public education and specific to Rocketship Public Schools
- Fluency in English