The Dining Programs Department is seeking a Catering Director who provides the day-to-day vision, planning, direction, for Catering operations on campus with a focus on guest satisfaction and engagement, quality execution and service. They will work closely with the Executive Director of Operations and the Campus Executive Chef in development and execution of menus, presentation, and service standards.
Focusing on the guest experience and quality execution will be vitally important in the role. This leader will be responsible for the development and growth of the catering operations team as well as developing and driving the vision for the Catering operations on campus. The Catering Director has high level visibility on Campus with interactions with Senior Leadership across campus, being able to manage relationships and develop a level of trust throughout the campus community will be key to this role.
Work in collaboration with the Executive Director of Operations and Marketing to promote and execute innovative presentation and develop the Catering Standards. Work closely with the marketing team to develop a rebranding strategy for catering operations on campus. The Catering Director will report to the Executive Dir of Operations.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
• Leads all daily catering operations on campus, and will be responsible for managing and supporting the catering operational team.
• Oversees all operational and financial management at catering locations and partners with the Catering Executive Chef in overseeing flawless execution.
• Provides direction and support for the Catering Executive Chef, and supervisors.
• Manages team of 25 employees.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with students, campus constituents, and team members.
• Respond and assist in any service issues.
• Ensures team members have the tools necessary to complete their jobs.
• Ensures show quality standards are maintained at all times.
• Supports and communicates University initiatives.
• Work in conjunction with the Director of Culinary Innovation to develop menus, promotions, and programming.
• Work with the Marketing Director to create and execute the catering marketing initiatives.
• Collaborates with the Executive Dir of Operations on the operating budget.
• Responsible for the financial outcomes of the Catering operation encompassing 1.5 Million in revenue.
• Ensures cost controls are in place and being adhered to.
• Oversees completion of required department reports.
• Ensures that all security, safety, and sanitation standards are achieved.
• Employs good safety and sanitation practices.
• Oversees control of all catering inventories, product cost, and purchasing.
Leadership & Internal Relationship Building
• Uses engagement strategies to recognize, motivate, and celebrate individuals and teams delivering outstanding performance throughout location.
• Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale.
• Interviews, hires, trains and develops team members according to Catering Standards.
• Displays a positive attitude towards team members.
• Mentors department management to develop their skills and leadership abilities.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
• Associates Degree or Culinary Degree Equivalent.
• A minimum of 3 years of Catering Management experience.
• Bachelors preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proven ability to lead and develop a diverse team.
• Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership.
• Able to communicate effectively with management team, students, and team members.
• Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products.
Classified Title: Director of Catering Operations
Working Title: Catering Director
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, some night and weekend work for event coverage may be necessary
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Homewood Campus
Department name: Dining Programs
Personnel area: Homewood Student Affairs
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2961460
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.