The Dining Programs Department is seeking a university-wide student Dietitian who performs a variety of duties which relate to education and nutrition counseling to support Johns Hopkins students' overall health, well-being and quality of life. Coordinate with students who have identified with having special dietary needs. This position will give students who have dietary needs the opportunity to consult with a licensed professional to plan and design healthy eating habits based on their dietary needs. This position will report directly to the Director of Culinary Innovation and will be a key component in executing the Dining Programs Student Guide to Managing Food Allergies and commitment to providing students with resources that support the value of the Dining Program.
This position will coordinate with the Executive Director and the Director of Retail after meeting or speaking with students to ensure there are offerings in the dining facilities that meet their needs and provide them with a complete and healthy meal.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide nutrition consultations to Johns Hopkins students across the Homewood and Peabody campuses.
• Review all recipes for nutritional information, values and caloric calculations.
• Work directly with the Food Service Systems (FSS) manager on data input and establish processes for new recipe submissions and or changes to current recipes.
• Establish nutritional identifiers for all departments.
• Oversee nutritional communication both digital and any printed materials.
• Provide education and development to frontline staff.
• Promote relevant conferences/webinars and share nutrition-related resources.
• Develop and present curriculum and/or teaching materials for students and staff.
• Collaborate on website and social media content regarding nutrition-related topics.
• Provide leadership and direction related to nutrition care with team members.
• Partner with Dining management staff to present multidisciplinary well-being programming.
• Attend educational and accreditation programs and show evidence of continued self-development and professional involvement by participating in continuing educational programs.
• Assist in accreditation-related projects, including but not limited to policies, meetings, and studies.
• Document all aspects of the nutrition care process for students in accordance with the departments' guidelines and standards of practice.
• Be self-directed and independent, but also work well in an interdisciplinary team setting.
• Treat everyone with compassion, courtesy, care and respect.
This position will communicate with students both in person and via email to assist and ensure they are able to identify how to eat a safe and healthy meal while dining in our facilities.
All communication with students will be recorded on a weekly basis.
Create tabling program within the dining halls to educate students on dietary needs and the available items that align with those needs.
• Communicate effectively and in a timely manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The full time Dining dietitian will split their time including (but not limited to) the following:
• Homewood Dining
• Partner on promotional events. Assist with dining accommodations, and work with individual students with special dietary needs.
• Peabody Conservatory
• Provide on-site services catering to the special needs of the performing arts student population.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
• RD/RDN Degree from an accredited institution.
• Active Licensed Dietitian-Nutritionist (LDN) licensed to practice in the State of Maryland.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the delivery of health care to a diverse student population.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
• This is a full time exempt position working 37.5 hours per week.
• Schedule: M-F (with some weekends and evenings as needed); 37.5 hours/week.
Classified Title: Dietitian
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Homewood Campus
Department name: Dining Programs
Personnel area: Homewood Student Affairs
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2962513
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.