LABORATORY ANALYST - ENTRY LEVEL POSITION
JOIN OUR COMPANY THAT'S "BUILT TO LAST" AS WE CELEBRATE 60 YEARS OF SUCCESSFULLY SERVING OUR CLIENTS
At Suburban Testing Labs - STL our main purpose is to protect public health and preserve the environment. We’ve appeared repeatedly on the list of Top Businesses in Greater Reading, PA issued by the local Chamber of Commerce. We offer a growth opportunity for a bright candidate interested in having a voice at work and making a difference!
The selected candidate will perform important work that provides high quality, defensible data for our clients. For example, generating analytical data to help our clients ensure they are in compliance with the Safe Drinking Water Act. Analyses are performed using a variety of analytical techniques, equipment and instrumentation.
Analysts are provided the opportunity to continuously improve their skills and advance in their career with us. You’ll receive extensive training and coaching along with developmental opportunities. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes paid time off for volunteer activities in keeping with STL’s commitment to giving back. STL promotes diversity and provides a welcoming environment where different ideas and perspectives are encouraged.
We provide a competitive total compensation package that includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off including paid vacation and sick days
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off for volunteer work
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Free life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability insurance
- Employee referral reward program
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT STL PLEASE VISIT: www.suburbantestinglabs.com
What Will You Be Doing?
- Complete preparation and analyses in accordance with SOPs
- Utilize state-of-the-art instruments & equipment
- Assess Quality Control and determine if results are valid for reporting
- Enter data into LIMS in a timely manner and deliver data for peer review
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of laboratory systems and testing protocols, instrumentation and technology.
- Able to demonstrate excitement and enthusiasm around exceeding performance goals
- Team player who demonstrates a high level of accountability
- Curious, analytical, accurate and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially excel and word) and other windows software
Bachelor’s in Microbiology, Chemistry, Environmental Science or related area; Associate’s Degree; OR equivalent experience.
- Ability to lift up to and including 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, bending
- Visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness to make laboratory observations
- Employee is subject to hazards, including potential exposure to chemicals
Environmental, environmental science, chemistry, laboratory, lab analyst, microbiology, laboratory analyst, science major, environmental testing, lab technician.