2023 Full Time Private Equity Analyst
Company description: Bregal Partners is a New York-based private equity firm, currently investing out of a $650 million fund, with $1.25 billion in committed capital under management. Bregal’s team has a 25+ year history of building world-class companies in partnership with founders and management teams across a range of transaction structures, including management buyouts, recapitalizations, corporate carveouts, and take privates. Bregal invests in the consumer & multi-unit, food & beverage and business services industries. Bregal Partners is part of Bregal Investments, a global family of private equity investment vehicles that has invested more than $16.5 billion since 2002. Please see our website (www.bregalpartners.com) for additional information.
Our commitment to diversity: At Bregal Partners, diversity is embraced every day—both on our investment teams and across our portfolio. Our employees represent a wealth of different backgrounds and their unique perspectives and experiences help create a workplace environment that is resilient, results-driven and effective. Bregal is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Position description: Bregal is hiring Full Time Analysts to join in the summer of 2023. Analysts will work closely with senior investment professionals to evaluate and execute new investments and will also work closely with the executives who manage Bregal’s portfolio companies. Candidates with prior experience and/or internships in a finance-oriented (e.g., principal investing, investment banking, sales & trading, etc.) or a consulting-oriented (e.g., management, financial, etc.) field are preferred. The Analyst position is structured as a two-year program, after which strong performers will have the opportunity to be promoted to Associate. The Analyst experience will provide invaluable preparation for a long-term career in investing / private equity.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Financial analysis and modeling of new investment opportunities
• Supporting senior management of portfolio companies on strategic and operational initiatives, including market analysis, financial reporting, and acquisitions
• Industry/business research and due diligence regarding potential investment opportunities
• Assisting in the preparation and presentation of materials to Bregal’s investment committee
• Bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic record, preferably with an emphasis in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, or engineering
• Strong communication skills and an ability to concisely and thoughtfully summarize analysis / research
• Self-starter who can take on significant responsibility with little supervision
• Passionate about finance, investing, and/or private equity
• High level of maturity and an exceptional work ethic
Compensation: Competitive, consisting of a base salary and performance-based bonus
Start date: Summer 2023
Please submit application via Handshake by 11:59pm by July 31st and include a resume, ACT/SAT test scores, transcript status of return offer (if applicable), and U.S. work authorization status (if applicable). Please note applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, beginning in July.