F220057 - Assistant Professor of Practice - Civil, Structural & Environmental Engineering
The Department of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering (CSEE) at University at Buffalo (UB) invites candidates to apply for for a non-tenure track Lecturer position with an in-house title of Assistant Professor of Practice. We are looking for candidates who can operate effectively in a team environment within a diverse community of students and faculty and who share our vision of helping all constituents reach their full potential. Candidates are expected to have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. The primary duties of this position involve our senior Capstone Design course.
- The successful candidate will provide expertise in structural engineering and will work with other faculty to develop projects and manage this course. All aspects of design are considered, including both application of technical details learned in previous courses and also non-technical skills such as teamwork, time management, and leadership
- The candidate will also collaborate on our Professional Practice course, which precedes the Capstone Design, and may teach other courses at the undergraduate or graduate level based on the candidate’s background and the needs of our curriculum. Other duties may include
- Student advisement at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Setting up industry internships, assessing learning outcomes for accreditation purposes
- Diversity enhancement
- External educational grant support in collaboration with the CSEE Undergraduate and Graduate Studies Committees
In addition to structures, we are interested in candidates who have expertise to teach courses in construction management, engineering sustainability, or other related fields.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Applicants should have a Master’s degree in engineering or related field and appropriate design experience.
Professional Engineering (PE) licensure; at least ten years of work experience with increasing responsibility in structural engineering, construction management, engineering sustainability, or related fields; or a PhD degree in engineering or related field, along with design experience.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.