Senior / Research Associate, Early Research Biology
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative, and motivated research associate to join our growing team. At RelayTx, we apply cutting edge technology towards the discovery, characterization, and optimization of small molecule therapeutics in oncology and other diseases. The successful candidate will work as a member of the research team to design and execute on-target dependency hypotheses and validate small molecule leads.
- Assess target mechanism and small molecule modulation of targets, enabling hit identification and validation.
- Work in our state-of-the-art laboratory and utilize your skills in molecular cloning, CRISPR, si/shRNA, qPCR, western blotting, protein expression, immunostaining, and pharmacological modulation of targets.
- Establish preclinical models and develop assays to leverage these models in the drug discovery process.
- Careful collection and analysis data and communicating of your results to biologists and multidisciplinary colleagues.
- BS/MS in cancer biology, cell/molecular biology, or genetics with 2+ years of experience in an academic or biopharma setting.
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art techniques and are not afraid to learn new technologies when required.
- You can thrive in a dynamic environment, are detail oriented, and are a problem-solver; a strong work ethic and high-level motivation are required.
- You can work collaboratively within an energetic, matrixed research organization.
- You are eager to deepen the understanding of the small molecule drug discovery process.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a clinical-stage precision medicines company transforming the drug discovery process with the goal of bringing life-changing therapies to patients. Built on unparalleled insights into protein motion and how this dynamic behavior relates to protein function, we aim to effectively drug protein targets that have previously been intractable, with an initial focus on enhancing small molecule therapeutic discovery in targeted oncology. Our Dynamo platform integrates an array of leading-edge experimental and computational approaches to provide a differentiated understanding of protein structure and motion to drug these targets. We have built a world-class team of leading experts from each of these disciplines, and they are driven by a deep collaboration at every step of our drug discovery process.
Our team is equal parts fearless and relentless, with a shared passion for working collaboratively in intellectually stimulating environments. If you’re excited by the challenge of putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery and passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients, join us!
Company policy requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and all new hires must be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) by the time they start employment. By applying to this position, you are confirming that, if hired, you can satisfy this express condition of employment. The Company will make reasonable accommodations under applicable law for qualified individuals to enable them to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship for the Company.