Bilingual Child and Family Team Facilitator
The Bilingual (Spanish/English) Child and Family Team Facilitator plans, schedules, facilitates, documents, and prepares all children, youth and families for a child and Family Team. Additionally, this position will facilitate Child and Family Team Meetings for Monterey County Departments of Social Services and Probation. Child and Family Team meetings are held using a family-centered approach, and services are individualized, strengths-based, and outcome-focused.
Seneca is always looking for ways to actively empower and uplift traditionally marginalized communities. We are honored to lead a nationwide effort, Todo Por Mi Familia, a campaign to find and connect families who sought asylum in the United States to mental health services. Seneca’s agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the families we serve.
- Facilitation of Child and Family Team (CFT) Meetings. This includes preparing for the CFT meeting, facilitating the meeting, writing meeting summary notes and clean-up.
- Contact the Social Worker/Probation Officer (SW/PO) not less than one week prior to the CFT (or within 24 hours of receiving a referral for a crisis CFT) to discuss pertinent information and identify CFT participants.
- Create an agenda, initiate a sign-in sheet, act as back-up for note taking.
- Coordinate with scheduler to arrange the date/time/location of the CFT, contact participants, and set up technology for CFTs for remote participation.
- Prepare a facilitator meeting summary documenting all decisions made in the CFT meeting in a timely manner, and maintain other documentation as indicated.
- Determine and complete the Family Fund Request form and gain signatures of CFT participants, to meet an identified immediate need.
- Gather basic Family Finding information from the CFT for initiation of a Family Finding referral, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Monterey County Social Workers and Probation Officers and other team members to prepare for the CFT, and follow up afterwards regarding next steps.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field or Bachelor's degree and 3 years of child welfare experience.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other state/federal licensing or certification requirements.
- Own vehicle, valid California Drivers License and insurability through Seneca's automotive policy.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience implementing family-focused wrap-around services or Child and Family Teams desired.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Good organizational and writing skills.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination and booster required.
- Flexible schedule required, with the ability to work some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- 403b Retirement Plan
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off.
- Training stipend and professional development opportunities.
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure.
- Opportunities to develop specialized skills, including clinical supervision and evidence-based practices
- Abundant promotional opportunities across the agency in California and Washington
Key Words: Social Worker, Mental Health,Therapist, Therapy, Social Work, Non-profit, Nonprofit, Youth, Advocate, Family, Children, Families, Behavioral Health, Healthcare, behavioral health, healthcare, counselor, youth advocate, family advocate, children advocate