Electrical Engineer II
As an Electrical Engineer II, you will take ownership of various sections of the hardware that runs our robotic device. You will work closely with the Electrical, Embedded and Mechanical Engineers to specify and design solutions to complex real-world problems.
As part of the Electrical Engineering team, you will perform tasks that are needed to advance the project from prototype to product release. Work consists of circuit design, simulation, writing of test procedures, data measurement and testing and debugging of electronic hardware that runs our robotic device. Previous experience bringing a product through regulatory stages and into production is a huge plus!
Vicarious Surgical’s novel approach to surgery uses a combination of proprietary, human-like surgical robots and virtual reality to transport surgeons inside the patient when performing minimally invasive surgery.
This is a terrific opportunity for an early career Electrical Engineering professional to join our company at a very exciting time and be a key member of a team that will bring our robotic solution to the market, offering a cost-effective path to improving patient outcomes and increasing the efficiency of surgical procedures for hospitals.
● Specifying, designing, and building electrical hardware for complex robotic systems
● Work closely with Electrical engineers to test and debug current and new designs
● Manage component selection, schematic capture, and board layout in Altium
● Design for test and manufacturability
● Documentation of design in product lifecycle management system
● Board failure diagnostics
● Testing and documentation for robotic hardware
● Test Fixture Design for Production PCB Designs at that time
● 2+ years of electronic design experience
● BS in electrical engineering, MS preferred
● Familiarity with Altium
● Working knowledge of common communication interfaces (SPI, I2C, USB, etc.)
● Working knowledge of Python and LabVIEW
● Experience designing small, densely packed circuit boards
Nice to Have
● Class II or III Medical device experience (IEC 60601)
● Experience with EMI, EMC and shielding strategies
● Experience with high-speed sampling and routing, BLDC electric motors and A/D
● Familiarity with C/C++ and Python programming languages