2023 - Global Markets - Summer Analyst Program
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
Global Markets Americas
Nomura’s Global Markets business handles client transactions and provides a broad range of services to investor and issuer clients across the globe including asset managers, investment funds, governments, and corporations. We act as market makers for clients, buying and selling securities and providing liquidity across fixed income and equity products. We also provide highly specialized and tailored financing and structured solutions to clients, and partner with Nomura’s Investment Banking to facilitate capital market services including debt and equity financing, and innovative derivative and hedging solutions.
Our core products includes:
Fixed Income: Flow Rates, Agency Mortgages, Securitized Products, and Credit
Equity Products: Flow and Structured Derivatives, Prime Finance, Convertibles, and Equity Solutions
Client Financing and Solutions: Risk & Corporate Solutions, Insurance Solutions, and Debt Capital Markets
About Our Summer Analyst Program
Nomura is seeking intellectually curious and driven students to join the Firm as Summer Analysts on our Global Markets Team. The GM Summer Analyst Program runs for ten weeks, with a one-week intensive training course, followed by 3 three-week rotations on different desks within Fixed Income, Equity Products, and Client Financing & Solutions.
We aim to provide Summer Analysts with the same amount of exposure as a first-year Analyst, with hands-on opportunities to participate as full members of the team and extensive contact with Nomura professionals at all levels. Throughout the program, Summer Analysts will participate in business-led discussion groups, networking events, and speaker sessions. All Analysts will also be paired with both a junior and senior mentor to provide guidance and support throughout the internship.
This program is an integral component of our full-time recruiting and at the end of the summer we will extend offers to top performers to return to Nomura after graduation.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Analyzing market trends to develop and pitch own trade ideas
- Providing updates and summaries to desk members on relevant market news for business area
- Assisting with trade execution, pricing, and analyses
- Organizing and providing materials to clients for new business transactions
- Structuring and designing innovative products and strategies that are tailored to specific client needs
- Participating in efforts to pitch and win new mandates from clients, leverage proprietary content and ideas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to approach tasks creatively and analytically
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn and work hard as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
- Carries out responsibilities with a diverse and inclusive mindset
- Outstanding academic qualifications; strong GPA
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university, graduating between December 2023 and June 2024
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close in September 2022. Applying early is encouraged.
Please Note - You may only apply to one internship opportunity per division, location and recruiting year.
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer