The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is seeking a technically proficient Risk Analyst to join its Mortgage Partnership Finance (MPF) Mortgage Analytics Group. The group takes on a diverse role, supporting the MPF business through analytical insight, regular and ad hoc reporting, model development and oversight, and involvement in key operational processes.
- Support the team’s reporting and analytical efforts, responsible for efforts to streamline and automate consumption of key data from large and complex sources for use in regular and ad hoc reporting and analysis, primarily to support risk management of the Bank’s whole loan mortgage portfolio.
- Responsible for maintaining existing and building new reporting dashboards to enhance risk management reporting leveraging business intelligence tools such as Tableau. Primary participant in effort to streamline efficient and valuable dashboards for management and business stakeholders.
- Designs and maintains large and complex SQL code used to feed streamlined reporting and other deliverables. Responsible for query design, validation, best practices documentation, and regular maintenance.
- Supports key regulatory reporting requirements.
- Analyzes the volumes, quality, risk, and performance of the Bank’s whole loan mortgage portfolio for internal management, investors, and external agencies (e.g., Federal Housing Finance Agency, FHLB System Office of Finance, and SEC reporting).
- Partners with team to ensure compliance with ongoing usage of vendor and proprietary models. Plays a role in supporting validations and ensuring adequate monitoring and documentation are in place.
- Acts as a contact point for communication with external Bank partners and vendors.
- Assist in other new business initiative projects, including new product development and budget projections.
- Encourages teamwork, professionalism and high morale throughout the department and the Bank.
- Creates efficiencies through process optimization within work tasks by eliminating and/or reducing manual processes.
- A qualified candidate will possess experience in a fast paced and analytically focused role, preferably within the financial services industry. The individual will have extensive experience organizing, consuming, and analyzing large and complex data, and should poses a base level of proficiency with query languages and programs (SQL/VBA/Python /R).
- In addition to a high level of proficiency with Microsoft software (Access, Excel), experience developing business intelligence reporting is required (experience with Tableau strongly preferred). Familiarity with mortgage credit risk and the secondary market is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in finance, business, economics, mathematics or the equivalent work experience, is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and to meet deadlines. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients and industry professionals.
- Candidate must be motivated to learn and succeed in a demanding environment that requires solutions to complex challenges.
- Candidate must work well in a team environment.
- Experience writing and maintaining large and complex SQL /VBA code and developing business intelligence reporting while applying best practices.
FHLBank Chicago Maintains a Safe Work Environment With A Mandatory Vaccination Policy For All Employees.
- We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all our employees. The FHLBank Chicago requires all employees, except those who may require accommodations under federal or state civil rights laws, to be fully vaccinated.