Research Associate– Natick, MA
We are a biotechnology company focused on translating cutting-edge stem cell technologies, looking to appoint a Research Associate to be a part of our expanding team.
The successful candidate will focus on differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells (ESCs/iPSCs) towards PSC-NK cells which can be used as Off-The-Shelf products for immune-oncology and other disease indications.
The key responsibilities of a Research Associate:
· iPS cell culture and maintenance
· Generation of NK-specific Chimeric Antigen Receptors and CAR-iPS clones
· Production and characterization of human CAR-iPS-NK cells
· Evaluation of functional potency of cellular products in vitro and in vivo
· Involvement in various aspects of lab operations, including but not limited to, equipment/consumable purchasing, reagent inventory and equipment maintenance, etc
HebeCell was founded in 2016 by a group of scientists who wanted to push research in regenerative medicine and immuno-oncology farther than ever before. Our team of researchers includes multiple world-leading experts in stem cell biology, as well as experienced entrepreneurs and business developers. We operate a fully-equipped, state-of-the-art laboratory in Natick, MA, one of the world’s largest biotech hubs.
Since 2016, we have grown HebeCell into a leading innovator in our field. Most importantly, we have developed and patented a method of producing allogeneic natural killer (NK) cells indefinitely from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS cells) by suspending them in a liquid solution within specially engineered bioreactors. No other company or lab has this technology or these capabilities.
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· Matching 401(k) contributions
· Performance bonus
· Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
· Life insurance
· Disability benefits and free workday lunch etc.
Required qualities and skills of a Research Associate:
· BS/MS in Biology or related fields
· Willingness to perform/learn a wide range of hands-on experiments
· Attention to detail and careful record-keeping
· Ability to follow protocol
· Integrity and accountability
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills, able to write technical reports and protocols
· Flexibility to collaborate with internal and external partners
· Proven skills with cell culture
· Demonstrated excellence in planning, executing, and analyzing experiments
As a small start-up Biotech, we look for good scientists not just excellent stills. We believe that skills can be trained if you are willing.