Research Data Manager
Research Data Manager
The Neurology Department is seeking a Research Data Manager who will perform data management responsibilities on complex, multi-center or longitudinal clinical trials and act as primary contact for multi-center study staff in regard to data issues. The successful candidate will be expected to operate independently, with guidance provided by BIOS leadership. This position will be responsible for participating in the planning and execution of all data management activities for assigned projects, ensuring focus on data integrity, validity, and reliability in accordance with standard processes, sponsor guidelines, industry best practices and regulatory standards. This position reports to the BIOS Faculty and leadership.
This position can possibly work remote and requires a high degree of independent action and adherence to strict timelines. Building and maintaining strong, trusting relationships is critical. The successful candidate will have experience presenting to investigative teams, end-users (faculty and staff), and subject-matter experts and must possess excellent negotiation, facilitation, consensus-building, and diplomacy skills and exhibit a strong helpline orientation. The successful candidate will be expected to stay current with a constantly changing clinical research technology and embrace the adoption of innovations to modernize, disseminate, renovate and remodel. This individual will serve as a knowledgeable liaison between the BIOS leadership and the research communities.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
The Research Data Manager be directly responsible for the following:
• Develop and maintain electronic data capturing platforms for multi-site, complex, longitudinal clinical trials.
• Develop reports for study performance, data quality assurance and other ad hoc reports.
• Perform data ETL (extraction, transformation and loading) tasks.
• Provide user management and support.
• Provide technical expertise in design and development of database applications to monitor research activities and processes and maintain incoming data for research sites and subjects.
• Aid with computer programming using modern languages such as R, SAS, Python, SQL, etc.
• Assess information needs of research groups and design and implement computerized applications to meet needs.
• Prepare and maintain study documents such as data management plan and SOPs.
• Design, develop, and manage training courses and other content on the BIOS website.
• Assist in grant proposals, project reports, and manuscripts for publication.
• Other data management activities; willingness to learn new skills and processes.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
• Bachelor's Degree in Health Science, Public Health, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or closely related field.
• Requires minimum of three years of data management experience.
• Master's Degree in Health Science, Public Health, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or closely related field, may substitute for experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
• Experience in data management of Clinical Trials and Experience working with electronic data capturing systems is preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to make independent judgments and to act on decisions on a daily basis.
• Ability to work for long periods of time without direction.
• Ability to prioritize own work and work of others as needed.
• Ability to work with flexibility on several tasks simultaneously and to meet various concurrent deadlines.
• Very strong organizational skills, analytical and problem solving abilities, and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects independently and work constructively as part of a team.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications:
• Required: proficient in at least one of the following programming languages: R, SAS, Python, Stata; working knowledge of SQL.
• Preferred: experience of SQL Server administration; WordPress, HTML, CSS.
Classified Title: Research Data Manager
Starting Salary Range: $45,650 - $62,850 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Neuro BIOS
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3055201
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.