After School Program Teacher (Part Time)
Hours are 2:00-6:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Provide assistance with homework and encourage academic progress.
- Follows program lesson plans and implementation plan in a developmentally appropriate manner
- Provides careful, attentive supervision, alert at all times.
- Serves as a positive role model, demonstrates professional behavior and understand positive youth development approaches to the academic and social development of youth.
- Facilitates a program environment that invites exploration, promotes positive play, and welcomes children.
- Promotes a team concept through a positive approach to supervision, communication, and interactions with others. Maintains on-going communication with supervisor.
- Maintain accurate classroom records and communicates regularly with parents
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelors preferred.
- A minimum of two years prior experience working with children under 13 years of age required.
- Exceptional group management, problem-solving, conflict resolution skills and ability to create lesson plans
- Must possess oral, auditory and written communication skills appropriate for interacting with both children and adults.
- Flexibility, with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and attend weekend enrichment events
- Bilingual Preferred.
About Family Centers:
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering education, health and human services to children, adults, and families in Fairfield County. More than 200 professionals and 1,200 trained volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services. Through our three Centers of Excellence, more than 21,000 children, adults, families, and communities receive the care, encouragement and resources needed to realize their potential.
Family Centers is a United Way, Community Fund of Darien and New Canaan Community Foundation partner agency, and is a member of the Connecticut Council of Family Service Agencies and the Alliance for Children and Families. The agency is also accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), The Joint Commission, licensed by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health, and is a Department of Children and Families-licensed child psychology center.
Special Note: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our community and beyond, it is Family Centers’ commitment to the safety of employees, contractors, volunteers, patients, clients, and student interns, by requiring proof of vaccinations for COVID-19 (or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file).
For more information, please visit http://www.familycenters.org or our LinkedIn page
Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.