Operating Systems Engineer - Entry Level
The Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) within the Software and Advanced Technologies Group (SATG) is searching for energetic and passionate OS Software Engineer – Entry Level.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to contribute to architecture, development, analysis, and debug of operating system software enhancements for Microsoft operating systems (OS) ranging from small form-factor devices and PCs to Servers. You will be working closely with engineering and architecture leads from the product groups at Intel and Microsoft to define and enable the next generation technologies to be competitive in performance and power.
Your Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Researching, implementing, and driving adoption of optimized alternatives and algorithms for Windows OS products. These optimizations will involve power and performance optimizations and feature enhancements to support advanced Intel's microprocessors, chipsets, and platforms.
- Analyzing and debugging complex functional and performance issues in the operating system on Intel processor based platforms.
- Defining and driving processor and platform features and architecture definition into future Intel processors and platforms.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Experience listed below could be obtained through a combination of schoolwork, classes, research or any relevant previous job or internship experiences.
Please include any Operating Systems (OS), C++, Computer Architecture, Data Structures and Algorithms, Embedded Systems, Driver Development, Kernel, and/or Debugging coursework, school projects, GitHub, and/or internship(s) related experience on resume
- A completed Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computational Sciences or related technical discipline
- 6+ months of experience in C/C++, object-oriented programming
- Project or coursework in Operating Systems and Computer Architecture
- Experience with performance optimization tools and methodologies (VTune, Giraffe, etc.)
- Experience with Virtualization and Containers: Hyper-V, KVM, Linux, VMware, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Experience with tools such as IDES, Git, GitHub, Jira and/or Wikis
- Experience with Intel X86, X64 architecture and related platform technologies
- Experience with Intel VTOS Kernel debugging
- Experience with Driver development and Windows Driver Framework
- Experience with Knowledge of IO technologies such as PCIe, USB, Thunderbolt
- Experience with OS fundamentals, OS internals, OS-level APIs
Intel sponsors individuals for employment-based visas for positions where we experience a shortage of US Workers. These skills shortage roles are typically STEM contributing positions requiring a Master's OR PhD degree, OR a Bachelor’s degree with three years’ related job experience. This position does not qualify for Intel Sponsorship because it is either (1) a non-STEM contributing position, or (2) a STEM position that only requires a Bachelor’s degree and less than three years’ experience.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
#OSEngineer #OSEngineering #SystemsEngineer #EntryLevel #RecentCollegeGrad #EmbeddedSystems #Kernel #LowLevelProgramming #LowLevelEngineer #DeviceDriver