2023 Summer Analyst Program - Global Macro Balance Sheet & Risk (Derivatives & Liability Management)
KKR Global Macro Balance Sheet & Risk - Derivatives & Liability Management
The Derivatives & Liabilities Management team sits at the nexus of capital markets, risk, and deal / investing activity, spearheading hedging and financing solutions across asset classes for all of our fund strategies. The team forms one of the four key pillars of the Global Macro Balance Sheet & Risk Group alongside Portfolio Construction, Global Macro & Asset Allocation, and Balance Sheet.
A summer analyst on the Liability Management team will get exposure to structured financing solutions, including asset-backed financing, NAV financing, subscription line financing, and liquidity bridge financing across major bank and non-bank counterparties, including insurers and pensions, across our private equity, real estate, infrastructure, and credit strategies. They will also get exposure with more broadly syndicated capital markets solutions, such as unsecured bonds, collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), and collateralized fund obligations.
Our team collaborates closely with key internal stakeholders, including KKR portfolio managers, to make financing recommendations to optimize fund performance. In monthly meetings with the CFO of KKR and the CIO of KKR’s Balance Sheet, we discuss financing strategies and offer risk management recommendations.
Our team members have diverse professional and personal backgrounds – among our team members are a motorcycle enthusiast, an avid New York Mets fan, and the co-lead of our AAPI ERG.
- Work with the team in evaluating and analyzing financing solutions
- Analyze financing deal terms, covenant structures and legal documentation
- Contribute to risk management presentations to KKR senior leadership
- Collaborate closely with portfolio managers, deal teams, capital markets, fundraising teams and other internal stakeholders to strategize and optimize financing solutions
- Provide senior management with data and insight to counterparty relationships across a large number of bank and non-bank financing providers, such as insurers and pensions
- Contribute to the development of bespoke fund-level financing solutions and other strategic initiatives while displaying a high level of communication and presentation skills
Personal Experience / Qualifications
- Current undergraduate student graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in December 2023 – June 2024;
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, self-starter; demonstrates hustle and drive;
- Superior analytical and financial modeling skills;
- Exceptional written and presentation skills and strong executive presence;
- Team player with desire to contribute to a collaborative and constructive work environment;
- Desire to work across business units and functional areas; promote KKR’s “One Firm” culture;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work both independently and within teams;
- Possesses intellectual curiosity and a desire to continuously expand knowledge base;