Associate, Paid Search
*Please apply via the external link on the GroupM Careers page.*
ASSOCIATE, PAID SEARCH
At GroupM, we believe that work is a part of life, not the other way around. To support that belief, we have recently adopted a “collaboration-led” hybrid approach to work in order to provide employees with the flexibility to do the best work of their lives no matter where they are working. This means that for roles where it makes sense, you'll spend some of your time in our incredible workspaces (when it's safe to do so) and some of your time remote. Check out this updated list of where we can hire:
- California – LA or SF
- Colorado – Denver
- Florida – Miami/Fort Lauderdale
- Georgia – Atlanta
- Illinois – Chicago
- Massachusetts – Boston
- Michigan – Detroit
- New York – New York City tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT)
- North Carolina – Raleigh/Durham
- Texas – Austin or Dallas/Fort Worth
- Utah – Salt Lake City
Are you looking for your first gig in the world of high velocity digital marketing?
In this entry-level position, you will receive intensive training and close mentorship in all aspects of Paid Search to assist with the delivery and management related services to a particular client and gain knowledge of the agency landscape.
This position is essential to the day-to-day running of the search account and requires an individual that works well in a team-based, dynamic environment. Whilst advanced critical thinking is not expected, we need you to be resourceful and demonstrate the initiative to participate in advanced projects.
Your journey with us will begin by attending Accelerate, a 4-day training program developed by the GroupM HR leads, alongside all entry level new hires across the agencies. Upon completing this program and as you are acclimated to the team, you will be responsible for the duties below.
- You will develop initial keyword lists, using identified brand territory for Search Manager’s review
- Run search reports on a regular basis to mine for new keywords, creative text ad, pacing and overall spend
- Write initial drafts of creative text ads based on briefing materials, website content and client direction
- Traffic, upload, and QA keywords, harnessing the Bid Management Tool process
- Interface daily with direct search teams, engines and platforms to ensure continuous improvement
- Participate in weekly search team meetings and offer ideas and suggestions to improve and evolve reporting processes, keywords, and creative
- Create Excel pivot tables, formulas, graphs, and charts
- Complete budget tracking documents and review with Search Manager
- Alert Manager of under or overspend, traffic abnormalities, and opportunities and optimization recommendations regarding spend and pacing the account
- Assist in record keeping, tracking reports and invoice reconciliation
- Stay on top of the latest updates regarding tools and User Interfaces (AdWords, Bing, Bid Management Platforms, eMarketer, SEMrush, Search Engine Land, AdCenter, AdGooroo, etc.)
- If you have had an internship with an advertising/media agency or in a digital marketing role, and know the ropes, that's a major plus
- You are adept in your use of MS Office, especially Excel. Having experience in Excel for data management and/or budgeting would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written skills; exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and attention to detail
- You'll thrive working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Most importantly, you better be eager to learn, be adaptable, and have a strong interest in the advertising/media industry
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $63B in annual media investment through agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM’s portfolio includes Data & Technology, Investment, and Services, all united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people. By leveraging all the benefits of scale, the company innovates, differentiates and generates sustained value for our clients wherever they do business.
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/368027
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.