Trade Management Associate
Corporate Culture and Guiding Principles
TP ICAP operates at the heart of the world’s financial, energy and commodities markets.
We are professional intermediaries playing a pivotal role in the world’s financial markets, covering FX, Rates, Credit, Equities, Energy & Commodities.
Globally, we are a leading provider of market participants, with execution via a range of regulated venues, covering a full spectrum of over-the-counter (OTC) asset classes. Matching buyers and sellers, we facilitate the development of liquidity and price discovery in these markets and provide insight and context to our clients. We operate a hybrid model where brokers provide business-critical intelligence to clients. It’s supplemented by proprietary screens for historical data, analytics and execution functionality.
Our clients include banks, insurance companies, pension and hedge funds, asset managers, energy producers and refiners, as well as risk and compliance managers and charities.
We are known in the market for our Honesty, Integrity and Excellence in the provision of service to our clients. Above all else, we Respect our clients and each other, without bias. Employees are expected to uphold the values and principles of our cultural framework in performance of their job duties.
Overview of Role
ICAP North America Trade Support is responsible for producing timely, accurate, and accessible books and records / trade data. Trade Support staff serve in a control function while simultaneously providing support to the ICAP business. This support is in line with industry standards, ICAP protocols, and regulatory oversight. This specific position will require the candidate to cross train in additional products and develop a working understanding of how Latam Interest Rate Swaps trade on screen and off to anticipate post trade flows. Ideally the candidate is bilingual in Spanish and English.
Trade Support acts as a partner to the businesses supported, ensuring daily securities and derivative businesses are completed and processed as efficiently as possible. This job will be in office Monday - Friday
· The Trading/ Operations specialist is a key member of the desk and its success
· Supports trade processes, data management, client reporting and portfolio management functions
· This person will work closely with the Client Support Services team and the brokers
· This position requires strong computer skills, attention to detail, positive professional attitude, and ability to work in a team environment.
· Operate in a functional control environment adhering to published policies and procedures
· Process post trade amendments
· Monitor incoming messages from clients and compare and confirm trade details.
· Provide senior operations and business management with ad hoc queries and reporting
· Identify and assist in resolving trade discrepancies and breaks both internally and externally
· Serve as liaison between brokers and the back office when issues with trades arise
· Participate in user acceptance testing for system upgrades and/or rollouts of new functionality
· Serve as a point of escalation for clients or brokers regarding end of day recaps, confirmations, and STP messaging
· Ensure trade processing and reporting is done in accordance with all pertinent regulatory rules
· Identify and escalate open issues to management in an effort to mitigate risk.
· Cross Train to provide coverage for different product lines.
· Excellent relationship building skills
· Results oriented with personal accountability
· Being able to work well under pressure and in a busy environment
· Being able to meet deadlines in cases where projects are time sensitive
· Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills required for regular interaction with brokers, clients, and senior management
· Must be a people person: both a team player as well as a strong, independent contributor
· Must have demonstrable problem-solving skills
Qualifications & Experience
· Spanish and English preferred
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 0 to 5 years of work experience in financial operations
· Series 99 licensed or successful completion within six months of beginning of employment
· Strong PC skills, with a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
· Exposure to GCAS, Options, OASYS, Omgeo, SSEOMS, Mixit, Flex Trade a plus