2023 Technology Graduate Rotation Program
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual who is interested in kick starting their software development career with an interest in financial markets and in particular, financial risk management. This individual should have a keen eye for detail, affinity with data processing and a natural interest in technology.
We are looking for an aspiring software developer with an interest in designing and building software components and growing understanding of data structures and database engines to join our technology team! The development team builds and maintains the firm’s information processing platform and supports trading desks, portfolio management teams and other support functions throughout the firm. This two-year program involves contributing to building of software components of the firm’s information processing platform.
In this two-year program, you will move through four six-month rotations, working on challenging, meaningful projects and gaining exposure to various investment strategies across multiple asset classes and different investment teams. Capstone will also provide you with multiple hands-on training opportunities throughout this two-year program to help advance your soft skills and technical knowledge. You will have the opportunity to work with our top Portfolio Managers and Traders daily, receiving accelerated training and exposure to the Asset Management industry. Throughout the duration of the program, you will also have a dedicated mentor from the investment team who will help you develop both personally and professionally. Upon successful completion of the program, you will have the opportunity to be selected for a permanent position in one of our global offices.
- Support and help build automated workflows as part of a processing platform to support trading in equities, fixed income, FX, credit, rates, volatility, and exotic products
- Create significant efficiencies in the firm’s post-trade workflows by gaining detailed knowledge of data structures and object modelling of many instruments in these asset classes
- Modelling of data structures and processes for equities, fixed income, FX, credit rates, volatility, and exotic products
- Setting up of new funds and strategies
- Import of files and data mapping from market data vendors, Prime Brokers and other third parties
- Design and implementation of trade files to prime brokers and fund administrators within a managed queue processing framework
Skills and Qualifications
- On track to receive an undergraduate degree in May 2023 in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of SQL Server or Sybase, SQL including stored procedures
- Experience with either Java or C#
- Experience with data structures and object models in financial instruments in at least one asset class
- Experience with Python is a plus