Editorial Internship (part-time)
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and shape Berkeley Pharma Tech Journal of Medicine, a start-up online journal, and to be part of the vibrant and growing scientific community.
Number of positions available: 7
Salary: Equity compensation
Duration: August 24, 2022- December 16, 2022
Location: Work from home. You must live in the U.S.
Hours: 12 hours per week
* Earn equity in a start-up
* Training is provided
* Flexible work schedule
* Remote work
* Earn college credit according to your university's requirements
* Obtain a letter of recommendation at the end of the work cycle
A member of our editorial team will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of Berkeley Pharma Tech’s written materials. A few of your main duties will include preparation of journal copies from production to publication, copyediting/proofreading, and trafficking of proofs. Editors should possess creativity, attention to detail, and an ability to work well with others. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about writing and have held previous writing roles. It is preferred that candidates are familiar with scientific writing as most of your work will be for our Journal of Medicine.
**The qualified candidate would:**
• be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any area of biology and/or journalism with relevant subject matter expertise/experience
• demonstrate academic excellence
• have broad interest across the full spectrum of biology
• strong organizational skills
• excellent written and oral communication skills
• interest in engaging with the scientific community
• The ability to multitask, and work under deadline pressure.
• A proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with web publishing is a plus
Why Berkeley Pharma Tech Journal of Medicine?
At Berkeley Pharma Tech, we celebrate diversity of thought and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our people. We believe that a culture of empowerment and diversity is vital to our continued innovation and success.
We have eight talented members in our Editorial Team collaborating from all over the U.S. We are driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in small, agile teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment offering great opportunities to develop yourself.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your motivations for being interested in the internship. We will consider applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Vanloan Nguyen, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Estee Foroozan, HR Intern, email@example.com