ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST / SCIENTIST - FORMULATION , NANOPARTICLES
Sign on bonus of $5000!
***This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.***
Thermo Fisher's clinical research business is a leading global contract research organization and world leader in serving science. We are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our mission – to enable our customers to make the world healthier, safer, and cleaner.
Within our Analytical Services team, we have a functional service provider solution, which is a unique partnership that allows our customers to leverage the experience of our staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits.
As an Associate Scientist/Scientist, you will help us develop our formulation and drug delivery workflows for novel modalities, with a specific focus on nucleic acid drugs. You will collaboratively support project work and technology development for nanoparticle-based formulations. Through the team's work, you will help to advance our pipeline and to develop capabilities to support clinical development.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence! If you feel your skills are a fit for this position - apply now!
Education and Experience:
- Asscociate Scientist level: Bachelor's degree or above in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification. Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job comparable to 0-2 years experience.
- Scientist: BS with 2+ years of relevant experience or MS.
- Sr. Scientist: BS with 5+ years of relevant experience or MS with 2+ years or Ph.D
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general wet laboratory practices
- Knowledge of formulation preparation best practices within research environment. Preferred experience with nanoparticle formulations.
- Ability to independently optimize formulation preparations and analytical methods
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory authority, compendia and ICH guidelines
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand and independently apply GMPs and /or GLPs to everyday work with regard to documentation and instrument use
- Time management and project management skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
PPD values the health and well being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- As a condition of employment with PPD, in this role, you must have received your Covid-19 vaccine and you must disclose proof of your vaccination status upon employment.
Our 4i Values:
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!