Clinical Research Assistant I - Center for Injury Research and Prevention (CIRP)
The Center for Injury Research and Prevention (CIRP) at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is seeking a full time Research Assistant (RA) to support the Neuroscience of Driving (NoD) Program. Under the direct supervision of the study team, the RA will work with multiple interdisciplinary investigators and provide administrative and operational support to ongoing research projects.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to: participant recruitment, screening, consenting, and data collection; data documentation, cleaning, and basic statistical analyses; regulatory support (e.g., submitting amendments to the IRB); and file/task organization. Additional responsibilities will include participation in project-related meetings, literature reviews, and manuscript development assistance, as well as administrative support (note-taking, scheduling, report development, etc.).
1. Conduct human subjects research activities:
• Perform medical record review/abstraction.
• Enter and manage participant data using electronic data capture (REDCap).
• Assist in enrollment procedures: screen and recruit participants; determine eligibility based on inclusion/exclusion criteria and conduct consent procedures; conduct study procedures and assessments according to protocol.
• Meet all quality assurance and confidentiality guidelines for data collection, and ensure accurate completion of questionnaires and other data collection during study visits.
• Distribute participant incentives as needed.
• Maintain master enrollment lists and tracking logs.
• Complete filing and office organization.
• Perform data cleaning, coding, documentation, and basic statistical analyses.
2. Perform specific administrative research duties:
• Provide direct administrative support to Investigators, Project Managers, and/or Research Coordinators.
• Assist in the development of research protocols, amendments, project-specific databases, IRB continuing reviews, and sponsor reports.
• Compile references, conduct literature searches, and other investigative processes for the preparation of manuscripts, abstracts, etc.
• Attend and support all meetings related to projects though participation, documentation, and action item completion.
• Assist with events, presentations, and activities associated with teen and novice drivers as needed.
• Assist with the development of reports, posters, manuscripts, slide decks, and other written materials.
3. Initiate and maintain effective relationships with the project investigator(s), research team members and collaborators, and participants and families:
• Ensure that study team is kept up-to-date on all relevant activities within the research study.
• Develop and maintain relationships with collaborators and other staff to ensure that clinic flow is not disrupted and that participant burden is kept to a minimum.
• Conduct participant and family interactions in a professional and courteous manner.
Providing technical and clinical support in the conduct of clinical studies:
- Filing and office organization
- Patient/research participant scheduling
- Patient/research participant history
- Data collection
- Data entry
- Data management
- Laboratory procedures
Research Study Compliance
- Adhere to an IRB approved protocols
- Comply with Institutional policies, SOPs and guidelines
- Comply with federal, state, and sponsor policies
May be called upon to:
- Consent subjects, with appropriate authorization and training.
- Document and Report adverse events
- Maintain study source documents
- Complete case report forms (paper and electronic data capture)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Associates Degree or active enrollment in a Bachelor’s Degree Program
Required Experience: One (1) year of relevant clinical research experience.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Additional Technical Requirements
- Familiarity with IRB and human subject protection.