Managerial Associate (Classical Music Artists Management)
Dispeker Artists, a full service artist management agency based in downtown Manhattan, seeks a Managerial Associate to function as a key member of our team. With a focus on classical music, Dispeker Artists manages both established artists and up-and-coming international performers. The Managerial Associate will work closely with roster artists and offer administrative and operational support to senior managers.
- Build and maintain good relationships with roster artists, providing them with detailed itineraries for each engagement and providing a reliable service regarding all travel, accommodation and related matters.
- Liaising with orchestras and other presenters to ensure that all the details (times, venues etc.) are correct, arranging all artistic support (page turners, piano tuners, score delivery and similar), and maintaining positive day-to-day contact with the Artists.
- Working with PR or record companies to schedule and administrate interviews and appearances.
- Create program pages for artist recitals with appropriate notations and approve Presenters’ final program pages.
- Recording all financial information for each engagement accurately, and processing invoices and other financial documents in conjunction with the accounts department. Producing contracts and invoices. Liaising with Artists and accountants regarding tax documents, statement questions and ensuring that any fees to be received directly by the Artist have been paid.
- Assess and edit all contracts and other documents pertaining to each engagement, and process them in conjunction with the Artist Manager.
- Producing and updating press materials for each Artist, including first drafts of updated biographies, and updating and maintaining certain areas of the agency website as relates to the artist list. Maintain and regularly update Artist files.
- Issuing and processing artists engagement contracts; maintaining database and artists record accuracy.
- Preparing visa applications and tax waivers for artists and submitting in a timely manner.
- Providing general office administrative support.
The ideal candidates should be self-motivated and interested in arts management as a career. We are looking for bright, organized, extremely detail-oriented individuals with excellent written and oral communication skills, who possess a positive attitude and the ability to take direction and follow through on multiple projects at once, maintain discretion with confidential information, and serve as a strong representative of the company in person and on the phone. Computer literacy and proficiency are a must.
Special consideration will be given to candidates who have proficient knowledge of classical music repertoire (orchestral, operatic and chamber music). The ability to speak or understand foreign languages is a plus.
Please send resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.