U220045 - Application Analyst - University Advancement
Under the general direction of the Assistant Vice President for Advancement Services, the Application Analyst supports the information management needs of divisional leadership and colleagues. The Analyst will follow current industry rules and regulations, ensuring solutions are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
The Application Analyst reports to the Senior Director of Application Services and is part of a customer-centered Advancement Services team focused on supporting the successful fundraising and engagement efforts of the Division of University Advancement.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide application support to assigned applications: identify and resolve problems to restore service to users in a timely and efficient manner; design new or modify existing configurations to automate or meet users’ needs and drive productivity
- Ensure that applications and operations follow policies, procedures, and rules
- Support continual operation of software applications utilizing diagnostic tools and other resources as appropriate; review system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations
- Work with Central IT colleagues to schedule and evaluate database upgrades and patches. Perform bug tracking and quality assurance tasks to maintain database integrity
- Develop, maintain, and customize new reports (or modify existing reports) for end-user knowledge generation
- Monitor and maintain various data feeds to and from the alumni and donor database ensuring data exchanges are completed in a secure, timely and accurate manner
- Perform application and data analysis to review program progress and inform decision-making
Salary Range: $55,00 – $65,000
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years programming experience
- Experience with SQL and Oracle and/or relational databases reporting
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience with Crystal Reports or a similar reporting tool
- Experience with Tableau or a similar data visualizing application
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.