Marketing and Communications Internship
Marketing and Communications Intern
The DEC Network
Start Date: Mid-August 2022 (can be flexible)
Category/ Job Type: Internship
Supervision: Director of Events and Marketing
Marketing and Communications Responsibilities
- Assist in creating weekly and monthly newsletters
- Propose new content strategies to enhance The DEC Network’s digital reach
- Sit on the marketing and PR committee
- Update website events page on a weekly basis
- Assist in creating and editing copy for any outbound communications such as press releases and blog posts
- Additional project and task assignments as needed
- A team player attitude
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and take on new tasks
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Must be able to work 15+ hours per week
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Sheets is a plus
- Graphic design and/or Canva experience is a plus
- Familiarity with AP Style is a plus
- Must be enrolled part- or full-time in an accredited university
This is not a paid position. We provide a three hour course credit for fulfilling the internship.
About The DEC Network
The DEC Network is a non-profit organization that drives innovation and economic impact by helping entrepreneurs start, build, and grow their businesses.
With multiple innovation hubs across DFW, we offer community, mentorship, and signature programs that provide connections and partnerships between startups, corporate innovators, and investors to accelerate innovation and funding.
- Innovation hubs across DFW including The DEC@Redbird and The DEC@Common Desk.
- Signature programming that includes Dallas Startup Week, Women Entrepreneurs (WE) Dallas, Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) Fort Worth and various events across the Metroplex (note: all upcoming events will be virtual unless otherwise noted).
- Partnerships between investors, corporations and startup organizations across the country, and our persistence to bring high-quality programming and new funding to our region.