Specialist IT Solutions I/II - PeopleSoft
TITLE: SPECIALIST II – IT SOLUTIONS
***** Salary $63167.00 to $120632.00 per Annual *****
1. Bachelor’s degree, with such degree preferred in computer technology, information science or a technology related field; OR an equivalent combination of training with minimum seven (7) years progressively knowledgeable and skilled experience in technology, information services, or information systems development / support.
2. Minimum of five (5) years professional experience specific to the position’s functional area. (Areas include, but are not necessarily limited to, intra- / internet services; applications or systems analysis, support and development; computer operations and support; networks, databases and servers administration; voice / data communications; broadcast operations; instructional and educational technology; data management and reporting; computer-aided management systems; help-desk administration; and security administration.)
3. Certification(s) applicable to the assigned functional area are preferred and may be required (per specific industry regulatory standards).
4. May include practicum and/or written test component(s) for purposes of hiring and/or promotion within the career series.
5. Demonstrated leadership skills with evidence of having successfully lead projects and having provided leadership in areas specific to the position’s functional responsibilities.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of current change management principles and best practices as applied to the fields of technology, information services and information systems.
7. Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse team-based environment.
8. Knowledge of current computing technologies and software applications appropriate to the position’s job responsibilities.
1. Performs advanced analysis / interpretation on information and data applicable to the function to identify issues affecting accuracy, performance, productivity or other key metrics / indicators.
2. Exercises initiative and independent judgment in determining priorities and standards, including the methods and processes by which established goals and objectives are accomplished.
3. Provides project management and leadership to staff and external resources assigned to support the established goals and objectives of the functional assignment area.
4. Establishes and maintains documentation systems applicable to the functional area according to policies, procedures and applicable regulatory standards and requirements.
5. Provides leadership in planning, implementation, maintenance and repair of functional, structural, programmatic, systematic, and other technology objectives of the department.
6. Leads problem-solving initiatives applicable to assignment area, typically involving collaborative efforts that include both internal staff and external resources.
7. Ensures deliverables in the forms of products and/or services adhere to established requirements and current standards for best practices.
8. Maintains current knowledge of industry and regulatory trends and developments applicable to the assigned technical function for application to responsibilities under charge.
Performance Effectiveness Criteria:
In addition to the employee being responsible for each of the performance responsibilities listed herein, periodic and special reports to the Board and other entities will be provided regarding the impact of this position with respect to progress toward annually established District and Divisional goals and objectives for, but not necessarily limited to, the following areas: 1) Student Performance, 2) Customer Service, 3) Fiscal Accountability and Responsibility, 4) Process Efficiencies and Improvements, and 5) Employee Learning and Growth.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Follows adopted policies and procedures in accordance with School Board priorities.
2. Conducts oneself in the best interest of students, in accordance with the highest traditions of public education and in support of the District’s Mission Statement.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
Replaces: Systems Programmer Specialist; Network & Application Systems Specialist II; LAN Applications & Database Admin II; Intra- Internet & Web Services Specialist; HRIM Specialist; Application Systems Specialist; Technical Procedures Analyst II; Financial Systems Integrator; Sr Software Developer; Sr Systems Analyst; CAFM Specialist
Salary Level: S2
FLSA Status: Exempt
Capable of lifting/carrying 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.; some physical activity required.