Elementary Classroom Teacher #2690- Mississippi Heights Elementary
Date Closing: Open until filled.
Posting # 2690
The Sauk Rapids-Rice Public School District No. 47 is seeking experienced and innovative elementary teachers to provide classroom instruction at Mississippi Heights Elementary School. Preferred candidates will have experience using technology in meaningful ways for teaching and learning, will have background in Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS), and will be interested in enhancing inquiry-based learning opportunities for students. Located in Sauk Rapids, MN, minutes from downtown St. Cloud and approximately an hour northwest of the Twin Cities, Mississippi Heights Elementary is a focal point in the growing area of Central Minnesota and provides quality programs to approximately 860+ students.
Sauk Rapids-Rice Public Schools believe in:
- A culture of continuous learning and growth in a caring collaborative and supportive environment.
- Effective partnerships between students, staff, families and community members.
- An inclusive, safe, caring and stimulating learning environment that promotes shared responsibility for performance and innovation.
- Effective and ongoing communication with and outreach to students, staff, families and community members.
- Transparency and good stewardship of resources.
- Provide an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, physical and psychological growth
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences
- Identify, select and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, interests, and learning needs
- Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement, particularly in the area of designing meaningful instructional opportunities utilizing the newly available one-to-one Technology
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment
Outstanding candidates will:
- Ability to work with diverse elementary learners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work collaboratively with students, parents/guardians, staff and administration
- Strong classroom management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of best practices, including use of technology resources, for elementary learners
- Experience in creating student-centered learning opportunities that address state standards and support students to become life-long learners
- Experience effectively using a variety of data sources to inform instruction
Valid Minnesota elementary teaching license
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant subject area
- Experience using technology to augment student learning
- Experience using PBIS to augment student engagement
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with implementing English Language Arts Common Core Standards
1.0 FTE beginning the 2022-2023 school year
Applications accepted online at www.isd47.org/start-your-career until filled.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment.