ASSOCIATE TRADER – LIQUIDITY Pittsburgh, Pa. Hybrid (in office / remote)
Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Hermes, Inc. (NYSE: FHI) for world-class investment solutions. Federated Hermes has grown to become one of the nation's largest investment managers with $631 billion in assets under management. Federated Hermes is a global leader in active responsible investing with one of the largest engagement and stewardship teams in the world representing over $1 trillion in assets under advisement.
Federated Hermes is looking for an Associate Trader to join an experienced team of Traders on one of the world’s largest Money Market desk. Assets traded on the Money Market trading desk represent approximately $430 billion of Federated Hermes $631 billion total assets under management. Cash management is central to these assets. This role is responsible for assisting the Head of the Repo and Securities Lending Desks to maximize the return of those assets through data management, market intelligence and fast paced decision making. If you are intellectually curious, enjoy the markets, possess strong math, accounting, technical and communications skills, this may be the role for you!
Pittsburgh is one of the nation’s most livable cities with a strong economy; lower cost of living than cities of similar size; entrepreneurial spirit; sense of community; superior academics and top research universities; and, vibrant arts, food, cultural and professional sports scenes. Federated Hermes is a company that fosters a strong collaborative culture and recognizes the strength of individual contribution.
· Assist with trading the global liquidity assets
· Complete daily cash reconciliation for all accounts across multiple internal and external custodial platforms
· Proactively communicate market information to traders: timely, clearly and concisely
· Perform reconciliation of trades to ensure proper and timely settlements
· Utilize technology to solve complex and time sensitive issues; evaluate large data sets to identify correlations and highlight results; and, prepare critical statistics for internal distribution
· Distribute market information to portfolio managers and research analysts
· Interface with the dealer community providing account information, confirming securities trades and handling settlement problems
· Complete special projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree required (Math, Accounting or Business related major preferred with some coursework in financial markets) or relevant experience in lieu of degree
· Excellent math or accounting skills required
· Excellent technology skills required; Must be able to use pivot tables and build macros in Excel
· Excellent oral communication skills required
· Knowledge of financial markets preferable
For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes' employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.
For consideration, go to https://careers.federatedinvestors.com/psp/EXT/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=11&JobOpeningId=8554&PostingSeq=1