Do you enjoy using marketing technology? Are you passionate about finding creative ways to communicate with different audiences? Would you relish the opportunity to collaborate with a talented group of marketing and communications professionals as well as public policy experts? Are you interested in the ideals of expanding freedom, increasing individual opportunity, and strengthening the free enterprise system? Apply to join our growing team!
The American Enterprise Institute (AEI), a public policy think tank in Washington, DC, seeks an entrepreneurial, collaborative team player to become our Marketing Assistant in-person at our DC office. We are searching for someone enthusiastic about using marketing automation technology to optimize customer acquisition and engagement campaigns in order to effectively promote AEI’s public policy ideas. The Marketing Assistant will support AEI’s communications and outreach goals and assist with the management of the institute’s marketing automation system, Marketo.
Qualified candidates should submit an online application at www.aei.org/jobs, complete with a cover letter, resume, and transcripts.
- Write, design, set up, and deploy lead acquisition and audience-nurturing email programs, utilizing knowledge of customer life cycle, demographics, behaviors, and segmentations.
- Create content tailored for audience segments.
- Analyze email campaigns and translate data into clear insights and recommendations. Apply insights to improve campaigns (copywriting, delivery, engagement, conversions).
- Work alongside AEI public events team to manage automated event email programs.
- Collaborate with program and outreach staff as well as in-house design, digital, and editing professionals to create email programs promoting AEI publications and products.
- Assist with managing AEI’s marketing automation platform, Marketo, with 60-plus users.
- Design and build emails, forms, and landing pages.
- Help train and mentor department interns.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or similar field
- Up to 2 years of experience with a marketing automation system, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Interest in developing new marketing initiatives
- Ability to translate sales-based marketing strategies into a nonprofit environment
- Self-starter and collaborative team player
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, service- and detail-oriented, with strong logic, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- MS Office proficiency, especially Excel
- Salesforce, HTML, CSS, Adobe Illustrator, and Dreamweaver experience preferred but not required
- Interest in public policy and in the principles of expanding liberty, increasing opportunity, and strengthening the free enterprise system